Anyone capable of diagnosing or fixing SMT electronics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahheng

Jan 20, 2002
bride.ru
Many many moons ago, I bought a used SCSI based 16MP digital back (very very old one lah - company "chup lup" already) with a 'power supply' problem and I never got it fixed. I thought I'd get someone locally with good electronics kungfu (with smt diagnosis and soldering skills) to help me repair it.

Basically the external power supply brick works good, so I am thinking that it's something in the back itself that's problematic. I have popped open the back to have a look and nothing at the power supply side looks burnt or smells burnt. But that's just a very rudimentary look. Last owner mentioned that the power to the unit became intermittent when it was on it's last legs.

I intend to 'convert' the back into some kind of panoramic shooting unit.

If anyone can help, let me know. I will pay for the repair, though I am not a rich man ;-)

what's your initial assesment of the fault? i might be able to help but only after the week of 25th..

yanyewkay said:
what's your initial assesment of the fault? i might be able to help but only after the week of 25th..

To be honest, I have no clue. :) This thing is very beyond me.

:sweat: if it is spoil due to old age or multiple component failure then i also can't help much. maybe will take a look at it when I come back :D
proprietary component fail I also cannot replace. So.. :sweatsm: I think your chances quite slim.. I thought you have an idea what's wrong but needed tools to replace SMT components.

yanyewkay said:
:sweat: if it is spoil due to old age or multiple component failure then i also can't help much. maybe will take a look at it when I come back :D
proprietary component fail I also cannot replace. So.. :sweatsm: I think your chances quite slim.. I thought you have an idea what's wrong but needed tools to replace SMT components.

Er, lemme know when you come back lor :D

Status
Not open for further replies.