Anyone can recommend a flash for canon 550D

Ivshootphoto

Dec 17, 2007
Dear all,
Anyone able to recommend a decent flash? I'm new in using flash as part of my photography.. I have did some research on flash and thought of getting a higher end third part flash as compare to highest end first party.

Anyone think that I shld go for first party ? Budget is a factor to me, but thought I can get some feedback on Nissin i866 flash, are they good enough? I mainly use flash for night events and outings.

Thanks

yep, dont worry bout 3rd parties, will work just fine brudda

Actually, if you don't need such high power, the Nissin Di622 Mk II will suffice already. I'd recommend that for a first flash, get a TTL flash, third party or original brand doesn't matter so much. The Di866 is a very powerful flash, but if you don't even use the full power of it, then you're just wasting money.

Hmm sometimes the TTL for 3rd parties are not all that accurate compared to the original ones

personally prefer to get same brand flash... a 2nd hand 430EXII is cheap and decent enough... avoid any compatibility issue altogether.

Last edited:
Actually, if you don't need such high power, the Nissin Di622 Mk II will suffice already. I'd recommend that for a first flash, get a TTL flash, third party or original brand doesn't matter so much. The Di866 is a very powerful flash, but if you don't even use the full power of it, then you're just wasting money.

second this...

Thank you all. I bought the Nissin Di622 Mark II today, save me alot and it's pretty good.

Thank you all. I bought the Nissin Di622 Mark II today, save me alot and it's pretty good.

Enjoy it....I'm a landscaper...I would have bought one if I shot more portraits and stuffs.

Is there anyway to check how worn out a second hand flash is when buying one? e.g. how many life time flashes....etc