anyone can help with video editing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wainism

Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
just asking... what do u guys use for video editing? looking for a user friendly one, dun have to be really too pro.
is there like a PS equivalent in video editing? also any books to recommend?
thanx

wainism said:
just asking... what do u guys use for video editing? looking for a user friendly one, dun have to be really too pro.
is there like a PS equivalent in video editing? also any books to recommend?
thanx
The PS equivalent for video would be Adobe Premiere.
If you are a Mac user, that would be Final Cut Pro.
If you want free ones, you have MS MovieMaker 2 for the PC and iMovie for the Mac. MovieMaker is downloadable from Microsoft.

Of coz, there's also the supposed "newbie" video editing software like the ones by Ulead but I never figured out how to use them.

Regards
CK

u have any experience with video editing?
i have a premiere 6.0, but find it abit cheem to use. if ulead is for beginners then how come u cant figure it out.
been playing with premiere, but i cant even add a simple transition man!

wainism said:
i have a premiere 6.0, but find it abit cheem to use. if ulead is for beginners then how come u cant figure it out.

Go borrow some books on Premiere - it's actually not that difficult.

Anyway, OT a little, if anyone is interested in a Pinnacle DV500 DVD, I've one for sale.

wainism said:
I know enough to do what I need. ;) And I find Premiere easier to edit video than the Ulead stuff. Maybe you need to be a real beginner to use them. :)

Regards
CK

yeah premiere's good! May seem abit daunting at first...but once u understand the timeline thingie...it works quite instinctively. And it works in layers as well...similar to PS.

But it gives you quite alot of options to play around with...tho u dun really hafta care bout most of them unless you want to. :)

There's Premiere Pro 7.0 out now... also you have the full range of Discreet products like combustion and inferno, which costs a few million $$$... hope it helps! hehe... :)

Adobe Premier has a very steep learning curve. Takes a bit of probing around if you're new to video editing.

Try using Ulead Video Studio. Simple and has loads of features.

Check this link. You can also download the free trial copy.

It supports many brands of CD/DVD burners if you want your final product in CDs or DVDs.

Try Vegas or any others that you feel comfortable with.

Premiere is up to CS3 now... mine's in the mail :lovegrin:

its not that difficult... just try it out with a how-to type guide book in hand and some small video files... like trying to learn photoshop first time round (just that the rendering comes at the end of the process instead of with each filter or adjustment in photoshop)... you'll get the hang of it... :)

I using Adobe Premier Pro. I too find those Ulead editing software abit "high" end so also not very familiar with those.

Ulead - easy to use for me.. user friendly.

Movie Maker is easier to use than ULead..

The most comprehensive tool is the Adobe Premier 7.0 Pro.

Premier and Ulead are both for advance users. I would strongly suggets you take a look at Pinnacle Studio 10 or something similar. It's easy and good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.