Anyone? C-Pan Mini

JacePhoto

Oct 1, 2007
New York City
www.flickr.com
Just saw the C-Pan mini. I am only interested in the horizontal curve that makes it curve round a subject. I been trying to do similar without having to get the $2,000 one-man crew or any curve slider for interviews.

This seems to be an answer. Its short - 30 cm only. But the price is USD 650.

Has this product been discussed before? haha.

https://9.solutions/portfolio-item/mini-c-pan-arm/

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...HL8f2YhpXaeDWXYlOM7mflIYdJOK_xnBoCLYoQAvD_BwE

Looks very much like an edelkrone wing which is cheaper.
The One Man Crew is too rigid (cannot dismantle for transport) for my liking but you can build a more portable solution based on modular sliders.
For automatic sliding and targeting, you can look into Syrp Genie 2 which is 1/3 the size of the original genie to pair with the ShooTool Autopan and your favorite slider or dolly.

Camonwheels
sells wheels for DIY sliders, dollies , skids and Tentpole Technologies sells tentpoles for excellent dolly rails.
camera-dolly1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Rodney. The Autopan looks neat. Then again, it goes on a long slider.

The C-Pan Mini gives me the idea that i can put it into a backback since it is only 30 cm long. haha

The C-Pan Mini gives me the idea that i can put it into a backback since it is only 30 cm long. haha

Yeah, it looks nice if you're trying to fit everything in a backpack, but I'd note that it looks like it takes up almost as much space as a gimbal, which could pull off some simulated curve slide/dolly shot and other things, and you don't even need a tripod for that ;p. So even without looking at price, I'm not certain if it's deserving of the bag space yet for me. I do like that we are seeing alternative slider designs being developed.

Unless you're talking about having it setup as a permanent B cam and continually repeating the same movement throughout the interview. For that usage, I'd be inclined to spend the extra on an electronic solution, cos for interviews, can't afford to botch the slide, it needs to be super consistent or the shot is ruined, and sometimes it's not an interview where you can repeat takes, so there's limited utility there for me.

9mcpa1-1000px-v1.jpg

If anyone wants to build a foldable slider (that always packs down to under 45cm no matter how long the slide), the 0.742" diameter aluminium tentpoles are seamless and bump-free. No droop or slack across 3 section length. (43cm per section).
Buy 6 pieces for a 120cm slide. Attach 3 poles per rail with a shockcord for rapid deplyment.
Hold the rails in place with 4 superclamps and 2 Velbon Super Mag Plate as crossbars supported by 2 tripods / lightstands.
The superclamps screws neatly onto the Mag Plate. No tools or extra knobs are needed.
For the carriage, Camonwheels is pretty convenient.

http://tentpoletechnologies.com/?p=614
large-diameter-expedition-2.jpg
x6
Articulating-Magic-Friction-Arm-Super-Clamp-Crab-Plier-Clip-work-For-Magic-Arm-Flash.jpg_640x640.jpg
x4
1308757554000_795796.jpg
x2
Graphic1.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, it looks nice if you're trying to fit everything in a backpack, but I'd note that it looks like it takes up almost as much space as a gimbal, which could pull off some simulated curve slide/dolly shot and other things, and you don't even need a tripod for that ;p. So even without looking at price, I'm not certain if it's deserving of the bag space yet for me. I do like that we are seeing alternative slider designs being developed.

Unless you're talking about having it setup as a permanent B cam and continually repeating the same movement throughout the interview. For that usage, I'd be inclined to spend the extra on an electronic solution, cos for interviews, can't afford to botch the slide, it needs to be super consistent or the shot is ruined, and sometimes it's not an interview where you can repeat takes, so there's limited utility there for me.

9mcpa1-1000px-v1.jpg

Hi Kandisky,

I totally agree with you.

Actually I am looking at only one of its feature - Being able to target the interview subject like what the One Man Crew does.

The price of USD 650 is on the high side.