Anyone Breitling watch lover here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boroangel

Apr 23, 2005
Always wanted to have a Breitling and planning to get one soon...mentioning this thread really becos I want to share with everyone...have a frd who had a Breitling and he told me that theres this watchshop in Jakarta Plaza Senayan(which is listed as one of the authorised retailers in the Breitling website so must be reliable) and I went with him to check it out last saturday.

There was this Breitling Chrono Colt 2 (non automatic) that costs $2674...I m not sure of the price in Singapore but I suspect its much more(think over 3K) and I will be going back to check it out...Chrono superocean is around $3720 and got one $5200 but I cant remember the model... just sharing info with everyone else in case u guys planning to get one...

wao
why buy a watch that is so ex?

I'm one of them .. the watch i'm looking for is the Airwolf... going to be pretty ex since it falls under the professional category/range.

No hope to get it already... :cry: :rolleyes:

Sell all my gear just to get a watch - Abit insane...

I got a friend who splash out $6K++ for a Breitling. :rolleyes:
Typically in SG, you can get 20~25% off the retail price. Maybe more if you got good contacts

I got a friend who splash out $6K++ for a Breitling. :rolleyes:
Typically in SG, you can get 20~25% off the retail price. Maybe more if you got good contacts

Yes so I was surprised when I went to the shop...to be fair it was not automatic and runs on battery...but the automatic one and the (model which I forgot but looks almost the same) is double the price....but 2K+ for a breitling chrono is really cheap...I always tot it was 5K starting...anyone knows the price in singapore?

Sorry to OT ....
i didnt know still got ppl buy watch for timekeeping ....:dunno:

Always wanted to have a Breitling and planning to get one soon...mentioning this thread really becos I want to share with everyone...have a frd who had a Breitling and he told me that theres this watchshop in Jakarta Plaza Senayan(which is listed as one of the authorised retailers in the Breitling website so must be reliable) and I went with him to check it out last saturday.

There was this Breitling Chrono Colt 2 (non automatic) that costs $2674...I m not sure of the price in Singapore but I suspect its much more(think over 3K) and I will be going back to check it out...Chrono superocean is around $3720 and got one $5200 but I cant remember the model... just sharing info with everyone else in case u guys planning to get one...

Have you guys try getting from those DFS shop at Changi Airport, departure hall?
You might be able to get a cheaper price as compared to local retail store.

the only Breitling i want is the Navitimer world.

For chronos, I never fancy Breitling. It is using Valjoux 7750 movement that I don't really fancy and yet have to pay a few k for it. I prefer those with their own in-house movements. Reason behind that is high quality fakes are using Valjoux 7750 also. The only watch with ETA movement that I have bought is Panerai because I can play leather straps with Panerais.

Most of my good friends are playing watches at the moment. We need to find out, understand and consider a few things before buying:

1. How much we like
2. types of movement
3. reputation of the brand
4. trend
5. price difference between resale and new
6. price differences in 2-3 different countries
7. add up all the above = value

Maybe you would like to consider more points rather than how much you like at the moment.

may i be curious a bit.
why do you guys like chronograph watch ?

may i be curious a bit.
why do you guys like chronograph watch ?

I used to like it many years ago.. Now I don't really fancy. Prefer power reserve, moonphase or just plain. Skeleton and tourbillon is out of reach.

Nice thread about watches.

I'm having my eye on omega seamaster and speedmaster series chronographs. What do you watch gurus think of the omegas?

Nice thread about watches.

I'm having my eye on omega seamaster and speedmaster series chronographs. What do you watch gurus think of the omegas?

:) I find Omega abit matured? maybe more suited for >40 years old?
try along the lines of Piaget or Bvgalri perharps? i find them much nicer

Piaget is even Ah Pek because of their generally thin, lots of diamonds designs. My gd frd is handling this brand for Richemont. Bvlgari ok but don't you think most of the people who wear it just want to flash the brand? Somemore it's not really a watch brand

Last weekend, my colleague bought the latest Rolex GMT Master II. Sui..but cost a lot more than the previous model.

If your budget is below 5k and you are young, maybe brands like Omega, Sinn, IWC, Panerai PAM000, or used watches are ok but most of all these are using ETA or modified from ETA movement. Those are ok to pay for the look and trend.

Take note on Rolex Milgauss also. I think it wont be easy to get when it is available later this year.

If more than 10k budget, then a lot la.. AP ROO, PP Nautilus, Lange, VC, IWC, Glashutte, etc

Piaget is even Ah Pek because of their generally thin, lots of diamonds designs. My gd frd is handling this brand for Richemont. Bvlgari ok but don't you think most of the people who wear it just want to flash the brand? Somemore it's not really a watch brand

Last weekend, my colleague bought the latest Rolex GMT Master II. Sui..but cost a lot more than the previous model.

If your budget is below 5k and you are young, maybe brands like Omega, Sinn, IWC, Panerai PAM000, or used watches are ok but most of all these are using ETA or modified from ETA movement. Those are ok to pay for the look and trend.

Take note on Rolex Milgauss also. I think it wont be easy to get when it is available later this year.

If more than 10k budget, then a lot la.. AP ROO, PP Nautilus, Lange, VC, IWC, Glashutte, etc

I second IWC, its a lovely guys watch.
however, about Piaget, it aint an ah peh's watch. they provide very very clean cut watches too! = ) And for Bvgalri, it isnt really about flashing the brand. Their dress and sports watches are nice.

TS if you like clean cut guys watch, how about A. Lange & Söhne ?

i use Seiko
the rest go for lens haha

And for Bvgalri, it isnt really about flashing the brand. Their dress and sports watches are nice.
For most of their sport watches BVLGARI word is very big on the bezel lei... Somemore those are not very collectible watches. The value won't be much as compared to the price you paid for it when you get tired of it and going to use it to finance another watch ;p;p

For IWC, I find their Pellaton movement models like Portuguese 7 days or Big Pilot are cool. the rest like those modified from ETA kinda put me off.

i use Seiko
the rest go for lens haha

Seiko Premier also look nice. I think they have power reserve and moonphase also. Grand Seiko is expensive but value for money if compared to Swiss or German watches..

Status
Not open for further replies.