Anyone bought their camera at Mustafa

Paradigm812

Jun 14, 2010
Hi,

Just want to know where all bros bought their camera at?

Any good shop to recommend?

Anyone try Mustafa before?

Thanks a lot and have a nice day

Buying from Mustafa will be like buying from a general store ... they have everything from ice cream to tissue paper.

Buying from stores like Orient Photo/Cathay Photo/MS Photo/etc, will be like buying from a specialized store ... they have everything related to photography.

Hope that helps.

Will recommend u to check out the price guides here.

it advisable to get from those reputable shops listed there, prices can be more competitive in dedicated cam equipment shops mentioned. :)

What's wrong with buying from Mustafa, be it a cam or any other thing? I go there often to check on the comparative 'real' pricing. If you can save $10 I think you should go there to buy. Why worry? Do you think they will sell inferior cams to you? So long as you get SG warranty. Heck I'd be more worried how to sqeeze out of there in the event of any emergency and you are halfway molesting the cam with your hands:devil:

if u buy from mustafa is not much different from buying at john316, MS color and etc... cause they also take in cash. Service wise (think abt it), assist u on camara enquiry (think abt it) price different i think u can save +/- $50, good wise i dont doubt them for sure is real. It is sg warranty and they are the dealer.

It is a matter whether you are comfortable to get things from them anot. I bought my compact camara from the before, bought my sekio watch from them before so far no problem.

Last edited:
i find mustapha has compelling prices. its just a pain to navigate the crowds and park car. apart from that, there are many good deals if you know what you are looking for. if you do not know what you want and just want to browse, i would not recommend mustapha.

TS... what dingeroo says pretty much sum it up.
My personal experience is that I went to Mustafa to look for filter (after 10pm:sweatsm:) which they have none.

What I can conclude is, do your homework well. Know what you want. Know the price. Ask for the camera. Then just go to the counter to pay. chop chop. Don't expect the salesman to give you any advice on any camera.

i feel tk foto is a good choice.

Doesnt matter where you get your set. So long you make sure its a brand new local set, with receipts, warranty card stamped with the shop name and of course good price.

There is absolutely no harm in checking the items in multiple shops and then buy from where you feel comfortable with
be it price wise
be it support / warranty wise
be it local copy wise
be it customer service wise
be it freebies wise.

The bottom line is, you must feel comfortable.

There is one shop in Farrer Park, which sell HP at a very cheap rate. I came to know this shop from one of my Indian friend.
That shop sells some popular cameras (like 550D, 7D), and probably that may be the cheapest. No idea about warranty status or local copy or not.

Just a note, that shop is very crowded and no try. Just pay and get the item.

For camera, I am from the traditional group... I would like to go to MS, OP or CP only. Just bcoz I feel comfortable with them.... no matter whether $10-20 expensive :D

Important is, do your homework and be 200% CERTAIN about the model you want to buy. Shop is not the ideal place to decide... high probability that you will be conned by the sales man. My shop loyal friends will differ with me but you never know!!!

There is absolutely no harm in checking the items in multiple shops and then buy from where you feel comfortable with
be it price wise
be it support / warranty wise
be it local copy wise
be it customer service wise
be it freebies wise.

The bottom line is, you must feel comfortable.

There is one shop in Farrer Park, which sell HP at a very cheap rate. I came to know this shop from one of my Indian friend.
That shop sells some popular cameras (like 550D, 7D), and probably that may be the cheapest. No idea about warranty status or local copy or not.

For camera, I am from the traditional group... I would like to go to MS, OP or CP only. Just bcoz I feel comfortable with them.... no matter whether $10-20 expensive :D

Important is, do your homework and be 200% CERTAIN about the model you want to buy. Shop is not the ideal place to decide... high probability that you will be conned by the sales man. My shop loyal friends will differ with me but you never know!!!

I disagree abit, ups for t.k and cathay photo. You can ask for help there. J3:16, hmm overfriendly

Hi,

Just want to know where all bros bought their camera at?

Any good shop to recommend?

Anyone try Mustafa before?

Thanks a lot and have a nice day

What do you intend to buy? If just some general use digital camera, yes, Mustafa is a good place top buy it.

Well. If you intend to shop for a camera at 2am in the morning. Its a good place.:)

No issue with buying at Mustafa, only wonder if they can give me appropriate advice.:)

If you are looking for Canon Camera,try Crystal System at Funan Centre Level #2

Located near to the front escalator and behind/beside of the row DBS ATM machine.

They are the authorise dealer direct from canon and is cheaper then rest after GST. (inclusive of the free gift).

The shop seem not so impressive as it is a bit messy with alot of boxes on Canon products (Printer, V-cam, Scanner ......). And no display set for testing, so test the model at other shop.

I got my 550D Kit II over there with 8gb SD card + EF Lens book + Crumber Canon bag + UV len filter (RP $45)/ 4ft tripod (RP $75). Total $1589.

I got my 550D Kit II over there with 8gb SD card + EF Lens book + Crumber Canon bag + UV len filter (RP $45)/ 4ft tripod (RP $75). Total $1589.

The bottom line is, you must feel comfortable and satisfied. If you are satisfied with the deal then be it be and cherish.

Some people may think your deal is expensive, unless you know what "Crumpler" bag/UV filter and tripod you are talking about

some stores have really good priced products

If you are looking for Canon Camera,try Crystal System at Funan Centre Level #2

Located near to the front escalator and behind/beside of the row DBS ATM machine.

They are the authorise dealer direct from canon and is cheaper then rest after GST. (inclusive of the free gift).

The shop seem not so impressive as it is a bit messy with alot of boxes on Canon products (Printer, V-cam, Scanner ......). And no display set for testing, so test the model at other shop.

Hi Bro tsk023,

What free gift did you get? When you bought it? Is the price still valid? If it is, then its really cheap with kit II.

BTW, kit II is EF-S 18-135mm lens right?

<snipped>

that shop don't have warranty one for handphones (not sure about cams, but most likely the same), that's why they can sell cheap... i bought a cheap hp from them before, good thing never break down

Mustafa offer quite a competitive price.
2 years back D90 retailing at $1988 for the 18-105 kit.
Mustafa selling for $1799 cash/credit cards.
Was quoted $1650-1700 cash from various shops, credit cards add another 2-3%, so add up around the same.
As long as Mustafa's price is competitve, provides local warranty, i see no harm in getting from them. :)