Anyone bought SB-600 recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xotic

Oct 5, 2005
Hi, anyone bought original Nikon SB-600 recently? May I know how much did you get for and where did you get it? I was quoted SGD 370 by CP today. Seems pretty much inflated. Thanks for any info.

xotic said:
Hi, anyone bought original Nikon SB-600 recently? May I know how much did you get for and where did you get it? I was quoted SGD 370 by CP today. Seems pretty much inflated. Thanks for any info.

$350 from TK photo b4 discount.
$330 from TCW b4 discount.

Okay, thanks. Noted.

TMC said:
Ask Notfairlah. He just bought a Sb600 to replace his Sigma flash.
TCW's flash is no warranty one lor.

xotic said:

CP can bargain with the uncle one. I bought my Sigma lens from CP too. Initially i ask them about it, they quote me $360, then i hesitated. Pretend to think think in head... then the uncle ask me.. how much i'm looking at.. i told him i was quoted $330 before coming here. then he took the calculator, punch punch for awhile... and say.. ok lah $360 for u inclusive of all taxes. how? then i onz liao... hahaha.. try bargain wif them... they are pretty nice uncles. So far my 2 purchase with them are all very nice! :thumbsup:

espn said:
TCW's flash is no warranty one lor.

You can ask for agent sets from them.
They'll just pop over to Cathay and get one for you.

TKphoto is a authorised Nikon dealer.

Tetrode said:
You can ask for agent sets from them.
They'll just pop over to Cathay and get one for you.

TKphoto is a authorised Nikon dealer.
Then why not just go over to Cathay and get it?

xotic said:
hmm...:think: i got mine a mth ago from cp for $360

espn said:
Then why not just go over to Cathay and get it?

Because sometimes you can get it cheaper at TCW even if though is from Cathay that's why. ;)

Tetrode said:
Because sometimes you can get it cheaper at TCW even if though is from Cathay that's why. ;)
O RLY?

espn said:

Yes, bought a Nikkor 85mm lens that way. Same lens with local warranty, was quoted cheaper at TCW. They wanted to sell me grey, I said local set please. They said wait. I waited. One of the Cathay chaps brought over one (I recognised him from Cathay).

Same thing used to happen at the former Fotoguide. If they didn't have something, they'd pop over to Cathay to get it.

The stores all help one another even though they are competitors; which I think is a nice thing. Its all give and take.

Tetrode said:
Yes, bought a Nikkor 85mm lens that way. Same lens with local warranty, was quoted cheaper at TCW. They wanted to sell me grey, I said local set please. They said wait. I waited. One of the Cathay chaps brought over one (I recognised him from Cathay).

Same thing used to happen at the former Fotoguide. If they didn't have something, they'd pop over to Cathay to get it.

The stores all help one another even though they are competitors; which I think is a nice thing. Its all give and take.
Hehehe...., this bring my memory when I am hunting for my D70s.

When no shop have a set, one shop in peninsula plaza quote the price and I say deal if they have a set. They asked me to wait, and one guy rushing out to get the set. I though he goes nearby and is Ok for me to wait a while. But, it took my time 45 minutes idle in the shop before finally the guy bring one set.

They broke the deal by remove the LCD protector from the camera (outside the store) and sell it to me as additional extras for $45 (if I am not wrong). They even told me I can't get that D70s if I don't want to take the LCD protector. My luckies moment, I straight away say "Ok, never mind, deal is off!" and walk away.

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
Hehehe...., this bring my memory when I am hunting for my D70s.

When no shop have a set, one shop in peninsula plaza quote the price and I say deal if they have a set. They asked me to wait, and one guy rushing out to get the set. I though he goes nearby and is Ok for me to wait a while. But, it took my time 45 minutes idle in the shop before finally the guy bring one set.

They broke the deal by remove the LCD protector from the camera (outside the store) and sell it to me as additional extras for $45 (if I am not wrong). They even told me I can't get that D70s if I don't want to take the LCD protector. My luckies moment, I straight away say "Ok, never mind, deal is off!" and walk away.

Regards,
Arto.

Good move.
That shop is probably one of those tourist traps at you see Peninsula Plaza and Lucky Plaza.

I got mine last week from AP for $350. Went to TK to ask, was $350, den thought of checking out AP, same price, so bought from AP lor. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.