Anyone bought cameras online before? - broadwayphoto.com/adorama.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

tensai7

Apr 17, 2007
Hi guys!

I'm thinkin of buying canon 400D soon. Thinking of buying it online from broadwayphoto (bwayphoto.com) or adorama.com. Do you think it's safe? broadway seems to have much better prices than adorama but haven't heard of it. Kinda tight budget so thinkin of buying online to save money.

Any advise? thanks :):)

I've seen other Club Snap users comment on using B&H photo in the past and haven't heard anything negative about them. Their prices seem competitive. I'm planning to make an order in the near future through them.

You can get the 400D body here for $990 plus tax. PM me for info if you can't find this deal at your regular shop.

I got my 40D from www.bargaincity.com.sg

Not too sure if the price is as good as those mentioned above but they deliver it right to your doorstep. Friendly staff, highly recommended.

Hi guys!

I'm thinkin of buying canon 400D soon. Thinking of buying it online from broadwayphoto (bwayphoto.com) or adorama.com. Do you think it's safe?

I've heard enough about Broadway to stay away from it. The only dealers I'd take the risk ordering from are B&H and Adorama, and even then I would be cautious - in case of a problem, dealing with them from overseas may not be so easy.

Wow, thanks guys! I'll check out B&H then :)

oh just to clarify. B&H as in bhphotovideo.com right?

oh just to clarify. B&H as in bhphotovideo.com right?

Yes... You will save the most SGD100 without any gift and warranty. I'll buy it locally if i were you.

Hi guys!

I'm thinkin of buying canon 400D soon. Thinking of buying it online from broadwayphoto (bwayphoto.com) or adorama.com. Do you think it's safe? broadway seems to have much better prices than adorama but haven't heard of it. Kinda tight budget so thinkin of buying online to save money.

Any advise? thanks :):)
Dear mtunlinn

I noted your enquiry regarding your proposed camera purchase - possibly from Adorama Camera.
Please be assured that all the goods we sell are covered by full (& International) warranties; we are able to offer photographic equipment at competitive prices due the large scale of our operations.
Nevertheless, we are still able to offer a personal touch - hence this note to you. Am I correct in thinking that you are outside the US? Should a problem arise with one of your purchases within the warranty period, we are more than happy to give consideration to you having such an item repaired locally, with the repairs billed to us.
Please do check our website regularly for all your photographic needs, as our online listings are added to constantly (www.adorama.com).

Thank you for your interest in Adorama Camera

Best wishes
Helen Oster
Customer Service Ambassador

Dear mtunlinn

I noted your enquiry regarding your proposed camera purchase - possibly from Adorama Camera.
Please be assured that all the goods we sell are covered by full (& International) warranties; we are able to offer photographic equipment at competitive prices due the large scale of our operations.
Nevertheless, we are still able to offer a personal touch - hence this note to you. Am I correct in thinking that you are outside the US? Should a problem arise with one of your purchases within the warranty period, we are more than happy to give consideration to you having such an item repaired locally, with the repairs billed to us.
Please do check our website regularly for all your photographic needs, as our online listings are added to constantly (www.adorama.com).

Best wishes
Helen Oster

Wah...... :thumbsup::lovegrin:

Dear mtunlinn

Best wishes
Helen Oster

wah... if this is not a hoax.. this is really :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: great service!

It probably isn't. Adorama has dedicated staff trawling the net for feedback on their products and services. You'll seem them bump up every once in a while in some of the more popular overseas forums.

Both BHphoto and Adorama take their E-business very seriously as that really is their core business. :thumbsup:

Thats good to see that they are having alternate ways to make up for the international warranty issue. :)

got my fuji s5200 on "eeee- BAyy"
from some US company..
waste my $..
VAT(GST in sg) over 50 pound!!(in UK is 17.5% and it VAT me 2 times!!!)
thank you internet !!!
and the camera cost only 100 pound...
i end up paying 150 for s5200!!
the best thing is...
at that time s6500 is selling at 170 pound!!
thank you "eee-Bayyy"

Dear mtunlinn

Best wishes
Helen Oster
Hi. Helen.
Yes. I am from Singapore and this is Singapore's Forum. If you are really from adorama, adorama will surely have more customers from this forum and Singapore.

I have enquired from them before. But how can they know it is me.?? I am quite surprised they address me here.. I almost ordered some lens from them and ship to my gf who was in US for her job.. Got problem with shipping to her suite..

Eventually i bought some staffs from b&h.. Next time i'll buy from them if they really extend their service to this forum members..

Wow, I'm impressed with the reply by adorama. but I won't really depend on what she says lah. After all, she only said they'll "consider'. But I doubt they'll help cover the bill if we're outside US. Besides, after checking B&H have cheaper shipping fee, so i think i'll buy from them. Difference is about US$40. That's quite alot right.

ANd after calculating, I can make a saving of about S$260 if i buy online. Worth it right? esp since B&H sounds like a trustworthy website ;)

errr.... don't forget about the 7% gst.

And i am a satisfied Adorama customer as well.
I have bought from them filters and lenses.

Shipped from KEH twice without issues

Pricing have to do ur own math on whether worth it or not

Rgds
Ryan

DONT touch Broadway, Royal Cameras etc. your stuff will never arrive.

i bought from both BH and Adorama before. its worth it if you're in the states, else the shipping and GST is not that cheap :)~

Status
Not open for further replies.