Anyone bought cameras form ebay international?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovemimi

Aug 30, 2008
I find many cameras from ebay cheaper than local market and decide to have a try.

However, the cameras are mostly located in USA.

It that safe to buy cameras from ebay? Is there any GST tax when the item come into Singapore?

Hope someone can help me with these questions.

Cheers!

I find many cameras from ebay cheaper than local market and decide to have a try.

However, the cameras are mostly located in USA.

It that safe to buy cameras from ebay? Is there any GST tax when the item come into Singapore?

Hope someone can help me with these questions.

Cheers!

GST is chargeable when the cost of the item plus the shipping cost is more than SGD 400.

You can buy cameras from ebay but do note that you will not get any local warranty. The warranty they have will be US warranty.

Actually, I have taken a look at the cameras on ebay like Nikon D80 and Canon 40D etc. They are no doubt cheaper, but then they are not very much cheaper. Frankly, I find that it isn't really worth it. Cos these are the ones with body only. Once u add in a SD or CF card in, it will probably come up to about the same as the ones being sold here by shops like TCW. You might as well get a grey set with local shop warranty. More worth it if anything happens to your camera. The only camera things I get from ebay are rangefinder cameras, and rangefinder camera accessories like 39mm, 40.5mm filters which many shops here don't have.

Thanks for your comments! The information is very useful!
Maybe I will change my mind......

Yea.. Muz pay for GST and postage.. + no local warranty. so no point getting from ebay..
But as for reliability, yes.. most of the sellers are very reliable. esp those with very high rating. :D

Hi, I'm in Australia and I bought a camera from Hong Kong with 12 months waranty in Aust.
GST was included. The ebay seller has an office in Sydney but stock came from Hong Kong. The camera arrived in excellent condition within 5 days. In Darwin the camera was selling for $A875 and they had none in stock but could get one to me in 3 weeks. I got mine for $A558 with freebies(bag, screen protector, SD card, card reader, extra battery and tripod).
I'm happy.

Cheers Clunk

you might also want to take note of the accessories or lens that is included with the camera. Sometimes, the price seems really attractive but you might want to consider the accessories that come with it when u buy from singapore. Eg, lens, camera stand, camera bag, filters, extra batteries, memory card etc....

Oh yes.. the warranty mentioned earlier in the forum is correct..

i want to buy a film camera from ebay..nikon fg..reason is cannot find here...

first time wanna try ebay...should my package be insured?
seller seems reliable n all...sending via USPS

thanks

I bought my Nikon F100 (resale) from Ebay, USA.
Excellent condition, super quick delivery.
Yes you can opt for insurance and preferred mode of delivery, but this also depends on the seller's terms of sale.

IMO, it would be better to buy old, vintage items from overseas as compared to new/latest models.

some times quite dangerous, so many cheaters there... and picture cannot tell u the truth.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.