Anyone bought a D70 lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yutitan

Dec 14, 2003
Visit site
Just got a call from a retailer that a new batch of D70 is available. Was wondering if there the backfocusing problem exists in the new batch available now. I'm quite certain of getting the D70 - just want to mentally prepare myself for the possible trip to Nikon service center for the tuning if the problem still exist. ;)

Thanks!

yutitan said:
Just got a call from a retailer that a new batch of D70 is available. Was wondering if there the backfocusing problem exists in the new batch available now. I'm quite certain of getting the D70 - just want to mentally prepare myself for the possible trip to Nikon service center for the tuning if the problem still exist. ;)

Thanks!

go for it! :thumbsup: its just a camera.. bound to have little niggles here and there.. :p

Hi,

I just got my D70 from Alan Photo in May. No back focusing problem.
Good luck with your impending purchase...

;p

i got mine 2 weeks ago from Lords at Lucky Plaza...

everything is perfect..

DX.

First they worry about what lenses and price the D70 will be... next just a small BF issue makes everybody edgy... sheesh.

I repeat: Backfocusing can be FIXED, 2.5s start up time CANNOT be fixed.

Hello,

I did state in my post that I am aware of the backfocusing problem and that I am prepared to send it to the Nikon service center to be fixed.

And I fail to see the relevance of your references to the issues of lenses and price in reply to this thread. And what 2.5s start up time are you referring to? This is a Nikon we are talking about! So, no need to get edgy! ;)

espn said:
First they worry about what lenses and price the D70 will be... next just a small BF issue makes everybody edgy... sheesh.

I repeat: Backfocusing can be FIXED, 2.5s start up time CANNOT be fixed.

Got my D70 from Max Photo in April, have shot for more than ten occassions, feels ok. I don't think got BF prob with mine.

Guys, do you guys see a fine straight line on your viewfinder when you switch to "P" mode? a very fine line from the middle of viewfinder stretching downwards.

I'm puzzled.

Read the manual. It's completely normal.

ditto espn. The line is normal as you will see when you read the manual... ;)

Thanks fellas. I find it wierd. I didn't notice it when i tried the camera prior to purchase. Anyway, i think i'm used to it liao. :)

Just a quick update. I bought my D70 last Saturday. Due to my schedule, have not had the chance to play with it much yet....

Thanks to all those who provided constructive feedback to my original post.

Shoot more then. :thumbsup:

maddog said:
why does the image on the lcd blink for certain patches? is this normal?

That's the highlights screen - it is showing you the blown highlights in your image (ie areas that have been overexposed)

Finally got round to play with my D70. Found no backfocus problem. :cool:

Btw, for those getting their D70, you might want to check the LCD for dead pixels. You can do it by setting the mode to M and taking a shot with the lens cover on. The first unit given to me had one and I was told that a few others had the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.