Anyone been to this choco buffet beside Riverside Hotel last week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scramblur11

Dec 9, 2004
Sembawang
Anyone been to this supposed "buffet" last week? It is in a old warehouse....tink ended on 31 May...
How do you ppl feel about the buffet? To me, I felt very very cheated coz the picture on the advert and the actual buffet totally different leh...
say got more than 50 types of chocos, I count at most onli got 30. Think they just mass buy those choco cookies, oreos and choco bars den put there and call it buffet???? :nono: ...watmore the taste realli sux......
Fruits doesn't look very fresh and watmore got fruit flies flying ard also....
They dun even bother to set up proper tables and chairs for the ppl to sit..most of the customers just eat while standing....
Den in the end they gave a small door gift....a bottle of KAYA???...related to choco meh?...
My gf bought the tickets beforehand at this place at far east....so bo pian still got to go in and eat....in the end we left aft less than 1/2 an hr den go tiong bahru food centre there eat....

Anybody know whether I can go to CASE or any relevant authorities for this??...the ticket is $18/pax....not cheap somemore....as least to me coz I am poor student... :bsmilie:

the problem is you should tell them during the midst of the 'service' instead of after, get the management to address to your query or problem... den take pictures, and then sue them if you want... otherwise... after all this, they are able to cover their backside & move on...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
the problem is you should tell them during the midst of the 'service' instead of after, get the management to address to your query or problem... den take pictures, and then sue them if you want... otherwise... after all this, they are able to cover their backside & move on...

hmmm....so nothing much I can liao?.....din bring along my cam and doubt my T630 Hp can take any clear pics.. :bsmilie: .....but the buffet realli jia lat....even other customers also felt cheated....

you guys should have complain about it when you are having the buffet lor... den if the management refuse to acknowledge their problems, next step would be to ask reporters come lor, they are more than willing to take pics... if you have left the premises, its considered you have 'enjoyed' the service, hence no complains...

its like u go mac eat a burger, den the burger got a girl's hair or something, u must bring it to the counter & tell them about it, they will compensate you, otherwise if you just throw the burger away, they dun know the problem, you go back home, send them a complain letter, also no evidence. but other things like food poisoning can be applied later, but i dun think you suffering from that rite..

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
you guys should have complain about it when you are having the buffet lor... den if the management refuse to acknowledge their problems, next step would be to ask reporters come lor, they are more than willing to take pics... if you have left the premises, its considered you have 'enjoyed' the service, hence no complains...

its like u go mac eat a burger, den the burger got a girl's hair or something, u must bring it to the counter & tell them about it, they will compensate you, otherwise if you just throw the burger away, they dun know the problem, you go back home, send them a complain letter, also no evidence. but other things like food poisoning can be applied later, but i dun think you suffering from that rite..

oh well...guess realli nothing much I can do liao... :mad2: ..but thks for the advice....tink I will call the newpaper hotline next time....watmore think they gif free HP for news published..... :bsmilie:

Make a fuss. Create a scene right infront of the organizer. Call Xin Ming, Channel News Asia, accuse them of misrepresentation. Accuse them of trying to take advantage of you and the people there.

Just don't say things that you need to prove like "dishonest," "cheat," things that can get you sued. Be as original as you want; like "food without wrappers not clean," "people kept touching and poking the food," more??

If you are on a roll and getting on their nerves, challenge them to call the police and offer to call the police yourself. This is usually the last thing they want. If you still have time, wait for the press to arrive and give them your side of the story. Most decent business usually would have offered/settled the "problem" before the press/police actually arrive.

My friend tried it before and it worked, way before the press arrive. When the press/police arrive, she just let them (organizer) say its a misunderstanding and "agree" lor...

PS: Just make sure you have these hotlines on your handphone:
Channel News Asia 6822268
New Paper 18007334455
Straits Times 18008282828

Caspere said:
Make a fuss. Create a scene right infront of the organizer. Call Xin Ming, Channel News Asia, accuse them of misrepresentation. Accuse them of trying to take advantage of you and the people there.

Just don't say things that you need to prove like "dishonest," "cheat," things that can get you sued. Be as original as you want; like "food without wrappers not clean," "people kept touching and poking the food," more??

If you are on a roll and getting on their nerves, challenge them to call the police and offer to call the police yourself. This is usually the last thing they want. If you still have time, wait for the press to arrive and give them your side of the story. Most decent business usually would have offered/settled the "problem" before the press/police actually arrive.

My friend tried it before and it worked, way before the press arrive. When the press/police arrive, she just let them (organizer) say its a misunderstanding and "agree" lor...

New Paper 18007334455

Wow! Expert ah!! :bigeyes:

The only choco buffet i ate before is fullerton's i already consider that cannot make it.... lol....so whose worse?

Caspere said:

New Paper 18007334455

Wow...u reali are expert leh.....tink I will take down the no liao...so tat next time I know.....thks~! :bsmilie:

pai said:
i think already in the new paper liao.

http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,89206,00.html?

*edit* eh dunno why link don't work. just go to tnp.sg and look for the story "choc shock" dated june 2nd.

Thk for the link.....din read newpaper so dunoe leh...but actually just nw I try call newpaper liao but I guess they won't published anymore....

btw tink I will email the coy liao...since they gave their emails on the article....hope can refund......

kegler said:
The only choco buffet i ate before is fullerton's i already consider that cannot make it.... lol....so whose worse?

I never eat at fullerton b4 but I been there wif my frenzs...is the one at the ground floor of the hotel rite?

all I can say is that this choco buffet at timberlux ctr is the WORST of the WORST of the buffets I have been to.....realli a total RIP OFF....~!!......

Status
Not open for further replies.