Anyone been to Taiwan lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethkoo

Jan 28, 2007
I am going to Taiwan soon but there is a little problem here.

I just exchanged my SGD to NT, which I am holding a number of NT1000 notes but I realise some of them are different. Upon looking at the Taiwan's Bank website, it says one is produced at year 2000, another in 2005/2006. But under the year 2000, it says it is no more in circulation. What does that mean? Does it says this note is no more in use, or just stopped producing? Both the notes don have very much difference, just added more shining strips on the newer version...

And being at the Chiang kai Shek airport, is there a foreign currency exchange counter that pays out the exact exchange rate? I read from a website and it says so...

Thanks yo... :D

All old/new circulated currencies can be used, so don't worry. If you are losing sleep over them, bring the notes to a local forex guys and get them changed to SG$.

Try to avoid receiving 1000 dollar note in Taiwan. 100 dollar note is safer. Coins of 50 and 10 dollars are the best for small changes but heavy :)

All old/new circulated currencies can be used, so don't worry. If you are losing sleep over them, bring the notes to a local forex guys and get them changed to SG$.

Oh i see.... Thanks alot...

Try to avoid receiving 1000 dollar note in Taiwan. 100 dollar note is safer. Coins of 50 and 10 dollars are the best for small changes but heavy :)

You want to walk around with a bulge in your pants? Wah... I wouldn't... NT$100 = (est) SGD5.00

Haha... But its a good note to be taken of..

Thanks alot... I will remember that...

Simple way to check your notes(Not foolproof though):
Hold the notes upright with your hand holding the short ends.
________
| $ |
---------
Then slightly push the centre inwards so it forms a long trough.
Check the corner (should be the lower right) for a compressed
symbol of the value of the note.

When you get that, use your 1000 note at the convenient store,
most likely you will see the counter guy checking the note the
same way too.

Status
Not open for further replies.