Anyone been to Hokkiado?

Pricless

Jul 16, 2011
Have plans to visit Hokkaido this oct.

Anyone been there?

I was thinking of brining my 17-85mm + 50-200mm.would my 17-85mm be enough or both? Or any other recommendations?

I am more toward portrait n landscape.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Yup, been there before, several times, with my D70s, D5000, and 18-200mm, and have capture countless landscape shots, you won't regret it with the scenery there.

Thanks Ascklai.....

Have a great weekend.

Been there 4 years ago. I think any kit lens will do. U current setup is ok, bring both.
Good if u got another 50 f1.8 for low light.

Or rent 'L' lens below for better image quality.

Efs 17-55 f2.8 for general walk about.
Efs 10-20 for firework and landscape
Ef 24L - about 35mm for your crop.
This f1.4 to take nice bokeh and no flash shots.

Generally 17-85 is good.

For my last year trip, most of my shots are with:
70-300mm-20%
28-75mm-50%
18mm-25%
16mm FE-5%

You can consider ultra wide angle to bring along in this case.

Thanks guys...it's good advise.

Have a great weekend.

Don't forget the tripod... so you can shoot yourself and show to your friends you visited the country !!

Good idea....hehe

Don't forget the tripod... so you can shoot yourself and show to your friends you visited the country !!
Don't need. Just bring along a small uuwa lens will do.
Your hand is the tripod !

Don't need. Just bring along a small uuwa lens will do.
Your hand is the tripod !

You tried this method before ? How to composite nice scenery into the shoots so near ? You can prevent camera shake ? Any photos to show???

NikF601 said:
You tried this method before ? How to composite nice scenery into the shoots so near ? You can prevent camera shake ? Any photos to show???

With the help of an articulated screen cam and PS to stamp away that left hand;)

Flip the articulated screen so it's facing forward. In normal daylight conditions handshake is not a problem.

UWA helps mah... :D

I can't even imagine what will become of me if I were to use UWA and cam-whore a self-portrait with my significant other ;)
Anyway I can't do it since my camera has no articulating screen, so my life is safe... :angel:

I am using ef 20mm f2.8 mounted on 5dmk2. Turn it around with the small prime lens facing myself and my 2 sons, holding the cam body with my left hand, press the shutter with my big thumb ! I also have the canon handgrip which make it easy.

Will be leaving for hokkaido on 25th oct....please share any tips that can my trip fruitful.

Thanks n have a great weekend.