Anyone affected by the Green Banding on the K7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/...k7-busted-sensor-strikes-production-body.html

003crop.jpg
59q1cg

38418d1247163458-k7-busted-sensor-strikes-production-body-clipboard01.jpg
stripe.jpg

and quite a number of the guys are getting replacement sets.

I heard from somewhere that, it wa's due to sensor over heated, and using the cam in live view for long period, or for long exposure. If no one using as mentioned, than this wil not happen. Also heard that the left AF sensor having problem too.

Did you by any chance have permission to post other people's photos or not??? :nono:

why u ask? i thought you said you sticking to K20D? :bsmilie:

Did you by any chance have permission to post other people's photos or not??? :nono:
As long the link to where the pics/topic are from is stated, shouldnt be an issue. Can always remove upon request.
Thought you would know?
dft012.gif

why u ask? i thought you said you sticking to K20D? :bsmilie:
Being inquisitive i guess...so from the lack of responses i am guessing the SG stock dont have this issue.

Looks like if you pixel peep then you can see. Otherwise dun see the banding at all . . .
How about video output? if dont have, dont mind can post your serial number first 4 digits like 3378xxx?

Last edited:
As long the link to where the pics/topic are from is stated, shouldnt be an issue. Can always remove upon request.
Thought you would know?
dft012.gif

Posting the link is fine, but it would be good that you either post your own pictures or get the go ahead from the persons beforehand before posting their images here...
Don't just anyhow assume "it shouldn't be an issue" if you're using other people's photos however good or crappy it may be... if not people can and will accuse you of leeching their images.

Posting the link is fine, but it would be good that you either post your own pictures or get the go ahead from the persons beforehand before posting their images here...
Don't just anyhow assume "it shouldn't be an issue" if you're using other people's photos however good or crappy it may be... if not people can and will accuse you of leeching their images.

Is that so, have yet to receive a single request yet but i suppose its because the pics are used within the original context. If however the pics were to be used in an entirely different context then would be absolute to inform the image owner what the picture will be used for but thats my intrepetation. From the original link, the TS was asking if any others had the same problem as he had which is similar to this thread`s context.

Is that so, have yet to receive a single request yet but i suppose its because the pics are used within the original context. If however the pics were to be used in an entirely different context then would be absolute to inform the image owner what the picture will be used for but thats my intrepetation. From the original link, the TS was asking if any others had the same problem as he had which is similar to this thread`s context.

Well, practically speaking, you are correct in that you are unlikely to get any complaints and that in the unlikely event that a complaint comes, taking down the photos is likely going to resolve the issue.

However, strictly speaking, any reproduction of a work (which is what you did here) without the express consent of the creator is an infringement of his or her copyright.

Well, practically speaking, you are correct in that you are unlikely to get any complaints and that in the unlikely event that a complaint comes, taking down the photos is likely going to resolve the issue.

However, strictly speaking, any reproduction of a work (which is what you did here) without the express consent of the creator is an infringement of his or her copyright.

Agree with Denis and watchthewaves. Whether or not you get any complaints is besides the issue, its just not right to post other people's photos without their permission. Besides, they may well have a different view of you and may not appreciate the reproduction of their pictures on other sites, even if its set in the same context.

I'm closing this thread for now. If anyone see any banding from your K-7 or any other Pentax camera, please share it at the forum.

Thanks to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.