anYboDy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcCcYBoi

Feb 20, 2005
Singapore
All CSers out there who r taking results today... anybody got into RP??? or get into any other courses in other schools??? share leh... lolx... :bsmilie: i got into RP - New Media... ;p although quite like the course... but i think liao like abit far lorx... kaoz... especially i staying in tampines... imagine travelling from tampines to woodlands??? somemore dun think haf a photography club.... :faint: lolx...

Anyway... just share where u guys will be going... or any CSers studying at RP can tell mi also??? at least im not lonely there... lolx... :sweat:

If they don't hv photography club, than go start one. What's stopping you? ;) Congrats on ur posting and good luck, another step in life....... :thumbsup:

haha.... then just hope that the sch approves it.... lolx... then adam go teach??? haha.... :bsmilie:

haha ... congratz to ya ... and if they dun have photog club ... go start one =) ... then take the funds the sch directs to the club to go get a D2H! or better ... D2X! haha ... and all the lenses u wanna get ... or if u're a canon person .. go for 1d mk2 and al the L lenses u want =X

only problem is cannot take with ya when u leave the sch =/

haha ... congratz to ya ... and if they dun have photog club ... go start one =) ... then take the funds the sch directs to the club to go get a D2H! or better ... D2X! haha ... and all the lenses u wanna get ... or if u're a canon person .. go for 1d mk2 and al the L lenses u want =X

just so you know.

The school might approve the club but don't expect to see such a big budget.
you might be lucky if they can sponser a 350D with kit lens.
Don't be surprised if they tell you to use your own camera and develop your own film (if you use film)

Most schools will fail to see the value in a photography club unless their pockets are deep or you can make a convincing argument to the people in charge. You can be school photographer but that's a big difference from setting up a club.

haha... still not sure of the plans yet... school photographer??? dun even know if they will sponsor mi a cam anot... wait tell mi use my ixus to take photos... lolx... :bsmilie:

find a lecturer who will support u in starting a photography club. with a support of a lecturer u maybe able to convince the director of the school to allocate some funds for your club. However funds may not be much as there should be a minimum criteria to follow like:

a) Club members should own a SLR/DSLR/Prosumer Camera.
b) Need to have basic interests in Photography.
c) Willingly to commit time and effort to join meetings and shoots.
d) Contribute actively.
e) Pay a monthly Club fee of $2 which will go to the club funds for shoots and not for your own equipment.

f) The person who is starting the club should have some experience in photography so that he/she can motivate his/her members in their shoots. A portfolio maybe a better option to motivate them to do better and learn faster.

g) the club founder should have experience in handling a club and mus possess some form of leadership skills.

Come up with a reasonable proposal for the school to start one club. like the budget. What is your annual budget ? what is your starting equipment costs ? do you need computers ? do you need rooms for meetings or storing of equipments ? how big is your club ? what is your commitment to the school ? what contributions can u give to the school ? what is the purpose of the club ? what benifits will it bring to the school ?

these are the basic which u should add into ur proposal.

good luck in ur club opening. should u need support in anything u may approach us here...

but be fore-warned... i have been seduced by the Dark Side which many may consider it un-naturall... :devil:

waah... ur proposal still basic only ah??? lolx... :hung: haha... dunno want to propose anot also leh... wait nobody support then damn pai seh sia... lolx... :bsmilie: somemore mi just newbie... dun know much about photography also... =X

no need dslr or prosumer lah.. as long as can do full manual settings can already.

OT: posting in this thread is so much faster than the other..;p

yanyewkay said:
OT: posting in this thread is so much faster than the other..;p

haha.... of coz la... i started the thread 1 leh... lolx... j/k j/k :bsmilie: cause here got lesser people posting ma... of coz faster... keke.... :sticktong

tucker said:
RP has a photography club.

haf meh??? i go the website see nv put haf photography club... :dunno:

oops.. case close.. dream club burst.. but at least there's a club there. now you can via for the position of club president

IcCcYBoi said:
haf meh??? i go the website see nv put haf photography club... :dunno:

ha-ha nw u better start saving up for a SLR. and join the epic battle between the Jedis and the Siths... :bsmilie:

who shall reign on the planet of RP, you will make the difference. lol...

good luck.. and btw, that proposal will onli be a few pages when it is done when compared to mine. haha.. i did one for a opening of a NCC(tri-element) unit in school. and i need to do a super huge proposal leh.. but then.. nv got accepted.. because simply too long and too complicated to be carried out for the school. and the formation of the unit will not ensure the stability of the unit too... hahaha..

anyway... Photography club is the place to learn the ropes from ur mates.

haha... still saving for the D70.... actually wanna buy from espn de... but not enough money... ask father pay 1st he say want to wait until price lower then buy... :cry: unless someone wanna sponsor mi $2000 to buy the cam??? :think: haha.... ;p

IcCcYBoi said:
haha... still saving for the D70.... actually wanna buy from espn de... but not enough money... ask father pay 1st he say want to wait until price lower then buy... :cry: unless someone wanna sponsor mi $2000 to buy the cam??? :think: haha.... ;p

beware the darkside will chant the BUY BUY BUY continously over your blankout mind...

buy buy buy
buy buy buy
buy buy buy
buy buy buy
buy buy buy
buy buy buy
buy buy buy
buy buy buy

den u will think that 2k is not enough... its time to ask more from your father... cos... he will tell u... Luke... wa si lim lao peh... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

haha.... dun think will buy buy and buy that often since im still a student... maybe will get wat i need 1st... tripod, bag and the kit lens should be able to make mi survive for at least a year... maybe nxt yr or wat then consider buying other stuff... keke... so anyone keen on donating mi money or the D70 kit??? lolx... :bsmilie:

Pioneer RP batch huh..Congrats man.

Let not the dark side seduce you... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

LazerLordz said:
Pioneer RP batch huh..Congrats man.

Let not the dark side seduce you... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

pioneer batch??? i dun think so ba... i think im the 2nd batch or wat... keke... :angel: and i think im already engulfed by the dark side already lorx... too obsessed into getiing the D70 liao... :devil:

BUY ! BUY ! BUY !

come over to the dark side!!!!! you wil gain powers far greater to any known Jedi in the galaxy.... The powers of the Sith is many who consider it to be un-natural.

Join us. and the Siths will lead you to the Path of disputed world of Buy Buy and Buy. No need for drooling. and the Roti Diet is going to be over soon... Join us..

Join Us !!!

jOIn uS !!!! :bsmilie: :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.