Anybody working in Qatar-Doha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golgotha

Aug 20, 2004
Melbourne/Singapore
Hi,

I;ve just been offered a job in Qatar, but would like to seek anyone who's working there their advice.Especially the following;

-working culture
-housing options and costs
-safety
and anything else I've missed out.

Thanks

Hi,

I;ve just been offered a job in Qatar, but would like to seek anyone who's working there their advice.Especially the following;

-working culture
-housing options and costs
-safety
and anything else I've missed out.

Thanks

I was there on assignment at Doha Asian Game 2006.
To be frank, it is a boring place, not much of entertainment.
If I'm not wrong, the majority of the work force come from India (Did I miss out any Nationality)? :think:

Ok so it's a boring place I think i can live with that. I think my main concern is $ and living expenses.

Boring wise, maybe i can just hang out at malls or stay at home.

I'm worried that the package they offer is not enuff for living/housing expenses.:sweat:

How's the internet access over there?

The last I heard although it's one of the richest countries in the world but the broadband is slow.......

How about Dubai? Anyone working around that area?

Anyone?

hi... i am currently staying in qatar for a project now... basically the life here is slow... frankly speaking for me short term stay is okay but definately not long term... the working week starts on sunday to thursday... friday and saturday are their weekends...

tourism isnt in the government mind yet so dun expect much in terms of touring places... however there are some shopping centers that are worth going to: the villaggio (that the stadium where the last asian games ae held) but then again dun expect the $$ going to be cheap... same for landmark and perhaps the souq... at night you can try out the hotels bars for a drink at night...

there is the ssealine where the locals goes every weekends for dunebuggy... you can see their 4x4 goes up the dune in a high speed at a 45 degree angle and down again...

the weather here is getting hot now... daytime is bout 40 degrees... so how long will you be staying here? hope you are driving cos the locals buses are mostly for foreign workers... most qatari drive and i mean those 4x4 types which you wont see in singapore... its a left hand drive system and the roads are full of roundabout...

but the best thing is to know the do and dont about the life in qatar... if you need anymore infor let me know... i will be here for a couple of weeks more...

Hey thanks.

Would you know the average salary of a person of senior executive level?
The offer i've received seems a bit low..........mainly due to the issue I don't know what currency they were quoting me. Mainly due to the poor connection and my stupidity for not clarifying when they called me.

Hey thanks.

Would you know the average salary of a person of senior executive level?
The offer i've received seems a bit low..........mainly due to the issue I don't know what currency they were quoting me. Mainly due to the poor connection and my stupidity for not clarifying when they called me.

well it depends on what is your job... i know a few security guards and they earn a monthly of 4000 riyahs per month and yearly leave is 21 days and they are just your average guards only...

so what and where are you going to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.