Anybody wanna give comments to a Newbie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sejok

Jun 1, 2005
Northish
I've been taking photos on and off for a decade now (mostly off...really) So last week, I decided to be a newbie all over again and start taking photos... I would therefore love to get some comments on how to get better...

please, calling all armchair critics out there, HAVE A FIELD DAY!!!

http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showgallery.php/ppuser/20595/cat/500

82.jpg

Newbie???? I think not...

I like it, but I would hane prefered to crop away the top and just have the cross fill up the frame. Maybe a fill in flash could have been used to reduce the contrast of the shadow area and show more detail of the sword.

What do you think?

ortega said:
Newbie???? I think not...

Really lah... just got lucky with that one but
good point abt the fill in flash... see I was never
distracted by the contrast until u mentioned it!!!

now it's really disturbing me!!! aaaaah :confused:

everybody is newbie, only on different things.
subject of your photo is a religious object
so I guess most people won't dare to pass comments
except maybe good comments
because very very sensitive topic.

Ok, maybe need to qualify...

Please take a sec and have a look at all my photos... no need to comment on subject matter, just on how to improve the composition, lighting, depth etc. etc.

Here are some others I welcome comments for:

My Clubsnap Photos

71.jpg

For those who worship trees, my apologies ;)
a2.jpg

8,7 & 6.
8 for the cross, 6 for the tombstone & 5 for the tree. * cos interesting subject, 7 cos quite queer and 6 don't quite realy know about the tree (composition).

saturation done for the cross picture?

tombstone looks under exposed and angle is rather static. Would advise to look out for more interesting angle, perhaps show the whole cemetary from a low angle etc.

trees look like a snap shot.

anyway, keep shooting and always get out of your comfort zone! i think most of us are always sticking to the same old angles cos we're too lazy (or pot belly too big!) to get close to ground/climb high high... :bsmilie:

Me newbie commenting, someone said top should be cut away..i agree because that is the first thing it comes to my mind seeing the picture, and I think its a good subject because it makes me wondering why sword and cross together, with a little print at the bottom of each sides, religious and mysterious.
I also stop at 61 because I also like to take macro at special emblems.
56 tombstone color shade looks just nice for that moment.
The rest kind of wash out, and probably composition needs to be improved?
Personally I think subject really matters too.
Thanks for reading.

kre said:
saturation done for the cross picture?
.....cos we're too lazy (or pot belly too big!).

OMG!?!! have you seen me in action?!?!?! :bsmilie: yes my pot belly is getting to big for my own good.

I did adjust the brightness/contrast/intensity for the cross picture... does that count ?

Everyone else thanks for the comments... Keep em' coming please

26.jpg

The Subject matter in this one I acknowledge does look under exposed to me, but how do I balance having the sky look too bright If I want to increase exposure? Any thoughts?

How about a graduated neutral density filter?

MDZ2 said:
How about a graduated neutral density filter?

Forgive my ignorance, but won't that result in 1/2 the subject being under exposed?coz in this case, the subject protrudes into the sky... :embrass:

I guess if you want the cross properly exposed, then probably have to do double exposure and then combine with PS. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.