Anybody using Laser Printers(B&W)


Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,938
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
#2
either should be good enough. I just went for the cheapest one ;p do note that for brother printers, the drum come separate from the toner and it's awfully expensive to change the drum.
 

Dagger

New Member
Jul 17, 2002
1,151
0
0
19
Singapore
simone.clubsnap.org
#3
Consider HP.
Have HP, Brother and Epson Lasers at home and feel HP is good. Brother has some driver conflicts with my colour printers and Epson supplies are not that easily available.

Just my 2cts worth.
 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,270
0
36
39
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
#4
I am using brother HL-1440, I like it cos it is the cheapest LaserJet that have a paper tray...all other low end printer dun have paper tray except HP 1000 which cost $500+

however, HP 1000 is a GDI printer so it is not networkable, whereas HL-1440 got PCL emulation so it works with my print server... features and spec wise...HL1440 is much better (and cheaper too)

dun bother to get 1450....the only different is 6 more MB of onboard ram, u can just get a 32MB EDO ram and plug into 1440 to make it 34MB already..which is more than enough...but 1450 is $100 more expensive

for toner, there are 3000pg and 6000 pg version

i am not sure with the exact price but it is one of the cheapest if u calculate the cost per print.

for the speed, manufacturer claim that it can print at 14ppm, and i found that it is actually faster than that....

for abt $50 more than other laser printer (such as Epson, Xerox), i recommend this HL-1440 for the paper tray and PCL emulation and memory expansion which cannot be found in most printers

forget abt those Xerox, Epson...the build is LOUSY and the toner is even more awfully expensive

actaully the drum separate from toner better..cos the drum can last much longer than the toner.

btw, Comex 2002 will starts this thursday, probably it will be cheaper, Sim lim is selling only at $400 now. i got my printer during IT show 2002 at $450 with free delivery. sim lim also selling abt the same price actually, but got free delivery and luck draw so i get it from IT show
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,938
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
#5
$400 is cheap for the printer.

kamwai, do you get problems with missing dots in your printouts? I'm on the first toner with HL-1250N and already faced the problem.
 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,270
0
36
39
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
#6
Originally posted by mpenza
$400 is cheap for the printer.

kamwai, do you get problems with missing dots in your printouts? I'm on the first toner with HL-1250N and already faced the problem.
hmm...no such problem for me...I am still very happy with my printer, esp when i can set a timer so that the printer will turn off itself when not in use after some times, and then when i need to print, the printer will turn on by itself again...even i cannot it to a printer server in my LAN
 

keith10w

New Member
Feb 2, 2002
878
0
0
40
Unknown
www.pictorial.com.sg
#7
Originally posted by kamwai
I am using brother HL-1440, I like it cos it is the cheapest LaserJet that have a paper tray...all other low end printer dun have paper tray except HP 1000 which cost $500+

however, HP 1000 is a GDI printer so it is not networkable, whereas HL-1440 got PCL emulation so it works with my print server... features and spec wise...HL1440 is much better (and cheaper too)

dun bother to get 1450....the only different is 6 more MB of onboard ram, u can just get a 32MB EDO ram and plug into 1440 to make it 34MB already..which is more than enough...but 1450 is $100 more expensive

for toner, there are 3000pg and 6000 pg version

i am not sure with the exact price but it is one of the cheapest if u calculate the cost per print.

for the speed, manufacturer claim that it can print at 14ppm, and i found that it is actually faster than that....

for abt $50 more than other laser printer (such as Epson, Xerox), i recommend this HL-1440 for the paper tray and PCL emulation and memory expansion which cannot be found in most printers

forget abt those Xerox, Epson...the build is LOUSY and the toner is even more awfully expensive

actaully the drum separate from toner better..cos the drum can last much longer than the toner.

btw, Comex 2002 will starts this thursday, probably it will be cheaper, Sim lim is selling only at $400 now. i got my printer during IT show 2002 at $450 with free delivery. sim lim also selling abt the same price actually, but got free delivery and luck draw so i get it from IT show


Wah....an exact quote from HWZ forum......u cut and paste ah....
:bsmilie:
Thanks for all your help........comparing the 1440 and the hp 1200 since this morning.......hai......hard to choose.....each have its pros and cons.....but is hp any better then brother? saw some user reviews.....saying brother build not too good.....should choose HP......but also hp got "curl" problem.... guys.... can help me with a decision.....headache....must eat pana-door liao... :dent:
 

keith10w

New Member
Feb 2, 2002
878
0
0
40
Unknown
www.pictorial.com.sg
#8
Originally posted by Dagger
Consider HP.
Have HP, Brother and Epson Lasers at home and feel HP is good. Brother has some driver conflicts with my colour printers and Epson supplies are not that easily available.

Just my 2cts worth.
Anyone using the Samsung ML-1450? Saw the review....its good....sls selling? users of this model care to comment?
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom