Anybody using Dell U2410 or 2209WA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadwitch

Dec 25, 2007
I thinking of switching my LCD to U2410 or 2209WA. Can users of this monitor do a mini review regarding the pros and cons on the respective monitors?

Is there any banding issues with colour gradients to black?? Also are there any gamma shifts when looking from the sides?

Thanks for your kind response

I use the 2209wa, and it is excellent. Best monitor I ever owned. I do image editing, not gaming.

There are lots of detailed reviews. Check Google.

i agree i use 2209WA also, its an excellent monitor with affordable price for IPS panel, suitable for photoediting. gaming and for watching movie, the refresh rate is still acceptable.

Good the learn that. Does anyone have this striping issue using "monitor test" software?
greengradient2.jpg

another user of 2209WA reporting in. :) Colors are quite accurate before calibration. I calibrated mine with spyder2express and surprisingly, it only tunes down the brightness. Overall it is a cheap and decent monitor for post-processing use.

I own both monitor, you know me as epos in HWZ...:)

check my latest comparison between the two.

I use 2209WA. its the best value for money monitor in the market. you have to place an order with Dell store and take abot a week 10 days to deliver. its almost perfect out of the box.

I own both monitor, you know me as epos in HWZ...:)

check my latest comparison between the two.

Thanks for the first person user feedback, really appreciate that. i'm concern cos i'm considering them for photo and design work and colour gamma shifting and gradient banding will be an issue.

Sounds like the 2209WA is has the best price performance ratio.

I think the 2209WA is one of the most (if not the most) bang-for-your-bucks monitor at the moment. Can't get any better than that.

My current setup is with a Mac Powerbook G4 running Leopard (operating mostly in clamshell mode). Profiled and cal with i1d2. Out of the box, it is quite ok, except that you need to turn the brightness way down.

Do note that this monitor is not a wide gamut monitor. Its gamut fits sRGB colorspace.

Have a look at this review. Overall results is a "very good" rating.

http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/reviews.html

Obviously its performance cannot match some of the Eizo monitors, but considering the price, this is a steal. :thumbsup:

Another thing i wish to find out was does the 2209WA allows you to customise the RGB settings beside adjusting backlight?

That's awesome, thanks for the response :)

Another thing i wish to find out was does the 2209WA allows you to customise the RGB settings beside adjusting backlight?

You can adjust RGB independently. The 2209wa doesn't have backlight adjustment, just brightness and contrast.

The only "customizing" of color I would recommend is calibrating.

Last edited:
2209wa is good. I think is the best value for $$$ ips panel LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.