Anybody taking N level result this coming monday?? Im scared.

lamergod said:
.... are let's admit it, ...................... and stuff.

Derogatory names and stereotyping is uncalled for.

What or who gives you the right to do this?

May I highlight that the people you find anywhere, be it ITE, polytechnics, universities, are all part of society.

Sorry, I should be more explicit. What I meant was the working world.

I don't have the rights to do so. But many of my friends in ITE call themselves that. I'm just stereotyping the kind of stereotypes they want to be associated with. Plus, many of them feel that it's cool to be associated with these kinds of adjectives. So I'm just calling what I see.

No matter how bad your result, never loss hope. Always think on the positive side. It could be a good thing as well.
Dont forget, even PhD and degree holders drive taxi, insurance and property agent, and some as hawkers. So, it could be a good thing to plan what you want to do early. If you know you are not the "study type", don't force yourself ... Learnt a skill that you can later run your own business.

Sister :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Good luck TS, mind sharing with us your results when they're out? :)
Thanks , but if i share with you guys my result , i scared people say me hao lian.
Good luck my friend. Reminds me of my schooling days...
Thanks my friend, hope i can share my joy with you.
Hahaha I remember when I took my N levels. All the best!
Thanks a lot.
What was the criteria again? 3 subjects not more than 10 points as long as English pass or something like that
The criteria is english + 2 other subject in order to enter ite. But the points doesn't matter. Even if you fail all the subject , you still can go in ite but few courses for you to choose.

Telsoon, I think you may be nervous because you didn't do too well for your prelims? Don't worry, just do your best.. most school set prelim papers tougher than the actual exam. If you have been conscientiously doing your TYS, you should be fine. Just remind yourself,"Thousands (or probably millions) of people have done this before, so why can't I?"

All the best!!

I remember too.. the night before i was going to collect my result, i even dreamt that i failed..

Exactly 10 years ago, when I was doing my N levels, it was just best 3 subjects no more than 10 points.. not very sure now..
Hmm thanks for the encouragement, the Prelim is much more easier than the N-level. I did a lot of tys and i chiong study everyday. =)
EMB3 less than 19 I think. English, Maths and best 3.

Good luck to TS. When you think about it, ITE isn't the most conducive environment to study. In real life you'll still lose out to people with diploma and a degree. Plus the people that you mix around are let's admit it, mats, minahs, ah bengs and stuff. How's that kind of social circle going to help you when you enter society.

It is not all bad. I do know people who come out from ITE and are getting a degree now. Albeit the longer are more arduous route. Have as much fun as you can before school starts. You'll need it. I just finished my O levels this year. And it is going to be one hell of a year.
Thanks for the encouragement , there might be a lot of ah beng inside the school but you cant look down on them because some of them is good in their study and they won't disturb you in class. But after all it's all depend on you whether you want to study or not. That is my point of view.

Can you enlighten me with "Derogatory name and stereotyping"?? i dont understand the words.
No matter how bad your result, never loss hope. Always think on the positive side. It could be a good thing as well.
Dont forget, even PhD and degree holders drive taxi, insurance and property agent, and some as hawkers. So, it could be a good thing to plan what you want to do early. If you know you are not the "study type", don't force yourself ... Learnt a skill that you can later run your own business.
Your right, im not those hands on type , im those study type.
For the last sentence , you sound like my dad. For my dream job or my targeting job is psychology. But i scared i can't get into any related course of that in ite.

Okay, now i shall tell you how i feel about getting the result.
I did quite well for my result but im aiming to get the top student of my school, but nevertheless i didn't get it i lose out in my english because i got a C for my english. T_T Wasted of me. i didn't expect the result i get is better than i am targeting after i am thinking of how many A's i can get yesterday. Now i finally understand the phrase "Don't chew more than you can chew" Okay for those who are really interested in what i get for my result i can pm you. Because i don't want to get accuse of being haolian or proud.

Anybody take MDIS psychology before?? After i take my diploma in a private school, am i qualify to get in to a local university??
That is what worries me if i take private school

Last edited:
i flaunt so not sacred...

I did quite well for my result but im aiming to get the top student of my school, but nevertheless i didn't get it i lose out in my english because i got a C for my english. T_T Wasted of me. i didn't expect the result i get is better than i am targeting after i am thinking of how many A's i can get yesterday. Now i finally understand the phrase "Don't chew more than you can chew" Okay for those who are really interested in what i get for my result i can pm you. Because i don't want to get accuse of being haolian or proud.

Anybody take MDIS psychology before?? After i take my diploma in a private school, am i qualify to get in to a local university??

NUS
NUS - Office of Admissions : Local Applicants

NTU
Apply to NTU: International & Other Qualifications

SMU
Singapore Management University

SUTD
Apply to SUTD | SUTD Singapore University of Technology and Design

Wouldn't say its impossible but if you are a local holding a foreign diploma, chances are very slim. Perhaps going through ITE to a local poly would be a better course?

Last edited:

Ok it sounds like you did pretty well, though maybe not as well as you had wished?
Congratulations, nonetheless :)

Think the phrase is "don't bite off more than you can chew" :)

NUS
NUS - Office of Admissions : Local Applicants

NTU
Apply to NTU: International & Other Qualifications

SMU
Singapore Management University

SUTD
Apply to SUTD | SUTD Singapore University of Technology and Design

Wouldn't say its impossible but if you are a local holding a foreign diploma, chances are very slim. Perhaps going through ITE to a local poly would be a better course?
Thanks for those link, i want to study in a local uni because i love local uni and i don't wish to go private school as possible, because for my point of view , private school cert is use your money to buy it but not skill. I am thinking of taking private O level to get in a local polytechnic to study psychology ( need 8 points!!)
Ok it sounds like you did pretty well, though maybe not as well as you had wished?
Congratulations, nonetheless :)

Think the phrase is "don't bite off more than you can chew" :)
Yup i did pretty well. Better than i expect , but im a bit upset because i didn't get the top student for L1B2 but if all the subject is counted than I'm the top for my school.
You know why I'm aiming the top?? Because your name will be in the hall of fame in our school hall and foyer for the rest of the years, which is forever.

Thanks for those link, i want to study in a local uni because i love local uni and i don't wish to go private school as possible, because for my point of view , private school cert is use your money to buy it but not skill. I am thinking of taking private O level to get in a local polytechnic to study psychology ( need 8 points!!)

Wish you all the best! :)

please do take note that it's NOT buying a cert if you study in a private school. you still have to work hard to earn it. are you saying that everyone who can't make it to a local University bought their degrees and masters without having to work hard for it?

i think you should apologize for what you've just done, which is to insult a huge group of people who've studied in private schools.

oh and... i believe you just contradicted yourself in your own thoughts.

Telsoon said:

Yup i did pretty well. Better than i expect , but im a bit upset because i didn't get the top student for L1B2 but if all the subject is counted than I'm the top for my school.
You know why I'm aiming the top?? Because your name will be in the hall of fame in our school hall and foyer for the rest of the years, which is forever.

Private schools also have very tough exams nowadays no such thing as buying a cert like you said. My friends in private schools have to follow very strict policies on attendance when compared to me, who is in a so call "public school"

please do take note that it's NOT buying a cert if you study in a private school. you still have to work hard to earn it. are you saying that everyone who can't make it to a local University bought their degrees and masters without having to work hard for it?

i think you should apologize for what you've just done, which is to insult a huge group of people who've studied in private schools.

oh and... i believe you just contradicted yourself in your own thoughts.
Some of the private school out there, they will reject family with low income, which means they are targeting the high income family.
Private schools also have very tough exams nowadays no such thing as buying a cert like you said. My friends in private schools have to follow very strict policies on attendance when compared to me, who is in a so call "public school"
i know the attendance is a must be, if not will kenna kick out.

Telsoon said:
Some of the private school out there, they will reject family with low income, which means they are targeting the high income family.

i know the attendance is a must be, if not will kenna kick out.

It's not a rejection of families with low income. School fees still need to be paid. The school fees of private institutions are just as high as those of public schools. The only difference is that private schools are not government subsidized, therefore you have to pay more.

There's a reason why there are education loans provided by banks.

i apologize for my mistake "private school cert is use your money to buy it but not skill." i'm sorry about that as i know nothing much about it.
i hope that you guys won't take it to your heart.

Sincerely sorry.
Telson