Anybody Lumixer Here Gaffer Your FZ10/FZ20?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donchua

Nov 30, 2004
Tampines
Seem that lot of CS member buying the Gaffer tapes.
Any Lumixer here bought and Gaffer your FZ10/FZ20?
Thanks.

Scann69 said:
What is a "Gaffer Tapes"?

A black tape which is abit like rubber feeling. meant to protect and also fricton. (If im not wrong)

donchua said:
Seem that lot of CS member buying the Gaffer tapes.
Any Lumixer here bought and Gaffer your FZ10/FZ20?
Thanks.
Is it necessary? I think the body of the FZ10/FZ20 is quite reisistant to scratches.

The FZ20's body is made of plastic right? I am not sure if gaffering a plastic body would be any useful or not... Gaffering a metal body will prevent brassing and peeling...
;)

funtasy said:
Is it necessary? I think the body of the FZ10/FZ20 quite reisistant to scratches.

More than that. It is also used to cover the brand especially for Nikon, Canon to aviod attention when oversea.

Cheers
John

funtasy said:
Is it necessary? I think the body of the FZ10/FZ20 is quite reisistant to scratches.

Well, I just checking....

John Teoh said:
More than that. It is also used to cover the brand especially for Nikon, Canon to aviod attention when oversea.

Cheers
John

Haha, thought most would want to display the brand! Especially the dark one. :think: :bigeyes:

Hahaha.. featured is Gaffered D70 from espn, he selling. Since have pics, I let you all see. hahaha..

2534d70_front.jpg

2534d70_back.jpg

Now that is called gaffering... abit overkill, but to each their own.

rhair78 said:
Now that is called gaffering... abit overkill, but to each their own.

Its their own choice to gaffer such a nice body... personally i see no point in doing it (especially to a plastic body)
:think: :think:

John Teoh said:
Actually is for resale. A sratchesless body will fetch better price when resale.

Cheers
John

but a sticky body is hardly what I will call higher resale value.

tao said:
but a sticky body is hardly what I will call higher resale value.

Agreed... Especially the grip area... The sticky residue really kills the feel of the whole camera! :rolleyes:

rhair78 said:
Hi Tao, gaffer is a special low adhesive tape. It will not leave any residue or stickiness.

Ah, it will leave residue... if your grip is made of rubber, you will have a tough time cleaning those off :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.