Anybody knows where I can get this specific micro-fibre cloth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralliart12

Sep 25, 2004
JE, Singapore
Hi fellows. I've been using this specific brand of micro-fibre cloth for many years due to its quality. However, my usual source (AP-SLS) decided to hike the price from $4 to $7. If anybody knows where else to get this specific brand of micro-fibre cloth, pls do let me know. Will appreciate it a lot.

The brand is Kanebo; model is "Hite-cloth". Comes in 4 types of color: beige, dark blue, dark red & white. No bumpy weaves on the surface (unlike the popular 3M scotch-brite micro-fibre cloth):

kanebo_micro-fibre_cloth.jpg

If this cloth is really that good then 7 bucks is still ok. But you can also search for the key word here, many recommendations (or mentioning) here of other brands.

If this cloth is really that good then 7 bucks is still ok. But you can also search for the key word here, many recommendations (or mentioning) here of other brands.

As a matter of fact, I'd been searching for alternatives of quality micro-fibre cloths being mentioned on CS forums (using the keywords "microfibre, microfiber, micro-fibre, micro-fiber"; most of the resultant posts churned up are related to lens cleaning).

However, those posts often mentioned lens cleaning paper, & as for specific brands, only 2 were highlighted, "the matin one from perly" & one "kinematronic" brand sold by CP. I will much prefer to stick with a cloth whose texture I'm very familiar with.

OT, but will lint free tissue-like wipes do any damage to the camera lens? Those that are used to clean the microscope magnifying lens.

You can find the item at an optical shop near the 7-11 at Toa Payoh HDB Hub, can find the optical shop if u walk towards KFC. I also use this product.

You can find the item at an optical shop near the 7-11 at Toa Payoh HDB Hub, can find the optical shop if u walk towards KFC. I also use this product.

Wah...a bit far (I live Jurong East), but ST, thanx for ur input :)

Gives me hope that other optical shops MAY sell it...

its usually sold at optical shops. I got mine from Pearl Optics. I believe they have a few shops around Singapore.

Got my micro-fiber cloth at Home-Fix. Not Kanebo; some German brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.