Anybody knows what happened to Lord's?

acorn

May 24, 2004
Anybody know what happened to Lord's?

Apparently, they are moving in together with the shop just next to them, and will be 'merged'. That was what the person behind the counter told me anyways.

hmmm...i'm not sure the guy behind the counter was exactly forthcoming...if you check out yesterday's papers, there was supposed to be some notice of sale of seized items (mainly nikon)...or so i heard.

Well, that explains why their 'merged' operations would be under the name of the shop beside them, and not 'Lords'.

What did the papers title the announcement, exactly? Was it a police auction or some kind? Post up the details?

Good lord!

The auction will be flooded with buy and sell traders and other camera shops.

Probably won't have many good buys after all.

I wonder where all their top end cameras and lenses went to????? The list doesn't seem to be of much value......

I wonder where all their top end cameras and lenses went to????? The list doesn't seem to be of much value......

ya, nothing much left and seem like it been used?

Sad to hear this too.

Got la, #134, estimated 30 pcs of spoilt camera. :bsmilie:

Why they keep so much? :bsmilie:

lol, that's too many liao :sweat:

Got la, #134, estimated 30 pcs of spoilt camera. :bsmilie:

Why they keep so much? :bsmilie:
I remember they had some older film cameras on display outside their shop........and by the way, I am wondering if Mr Chee is still around? Thought he was the owner? Or one of the owners?

Haven't been to the shop for more than a year, sad to see this happening........

HS

Since the plaintiff is Nikon, it is possible that they took all the Nikon (unpaid) stock back????

HS

lol, that's too many liao :sweat:

I remember they had some older film cameras on display outside their shop........and by the way, I am wondering if Mr Chee is still around? Thought he was the owner? Or one of the owners?

Haven't been to the shop for more than a year, sad to see this happening........

HS

Err, i not sure also. That's why i wonder. :)

I've never been to Lord's before though i heard the reputation is pretty good from those feedback in CS. :)

Since the plaintiff is Nikon, it is possible that they took all the Nikon (unpaid) stock back????

HS

more likely...

Err, i not sure also. That's why i wonder. :)

I've never been to Lord's before though i heard the reputation is pretty good from those feedback in CS. :)

Ya, been there and they are very friendly. And i photographed their dreams too and their neighbors.....

who's going for the auction? i want #7, 35, 39, 67, 154 and 170.

Had not gone to the store for over a year! sob! sob!