anybody knows how to deliver goods to aussie

Status
Not open for further replies.

sismic

Feb 18, 2004
Does not matter
Hi All,

I will live in Melbourne next June and i need to bring my personal goods.
Anybody know a budget and reliable forwarder to deliver my goods overthere? :dunno:

I am looking to send the goods through sea because is alot cheaper than through air.

My goods weight about 450 at most in +/- 15 boxes.

Thanks for the help guys.

wow. that's 450 what? KG?

i'll check with my friend and i'll pm you again.

but if it's really 450KG...i suggest you reconsider about the load.
alota stuff can be bought in melbourne as well.

it is +/-450kg.

Understand your point. But the culprit which make the weight very heavy is my books n my hifi.

Appreciate your help bro.

hi,

i'm in the process of doing the same thing. i'm moving my family to Perth, and we're bringing over some personal items.

if you're sending the stuff by sea, the weight is not a problem, they'll change you by volume. i'm sending over approx. 250 cubic feet (about 7 - 7.5 cubic metres) of stuff and i'm getting quotes in the region of S$3.5K - S$3.9K, this excludes custom taxes, fumigation and insurance. it's door to door delivery in about 4 weeks.

if your stuff is not enough to fill a container, you can opt to "share" one with others. this'll save you money, but be prepared to wait upto 2 or 3 months, depending on how soon they can fill the container for shipping.

some guys you can check out are - Allied Pickfords, Crown, K.C. Dat, UCT - Family Movers.

patch17 said:
hi,

i'm in the process of doing the same thing. i'm moving my family to Perth, and we're bringing over some personal items.

if you're sending the stuff by sea, the weight is not a problem, they'll change you by volume. i'm sending over approx. 250 cubic feet (about 7 - 7.5 cubic metres) of stuff and i'm getting quotes in the region of S$3.5K - S$3.9K, this excludes custom taxes, fumigation and insurance. it's door to door delivery in about 4 weeks.

if your stuff is not enough to fill a container, you can opt to "share" one with others. this'll save you money, but be prepared to wait upto 2 or 3 months, depending on how soon they can fill the container for shipping.

some guys you can check out are - Allied Pickfords, Crown, K.C. Dat, UCT - Family Movers.
I am also interested to know more.....for your case, does it fill up the whole container? Is it cheaper if you can fill the whole container instead of sharing (cheaper as in the rate per cubic feet/metre)

pcwe68 said:
I am also interested to know more.....for your case, does it fill up the whole container? Is it cheaper if you can fill the whole container instead of sharing (cheaper as in the rate per cubic feet/metre)

a 20ft container is about 1000 cubic ft. so my stuff only fills 1/4 of that.

as i mentioned, going the sea route will depend on the volume of stuff you're shipping. the bigger the volume, the less you pay per cubic metre. they quoted me in the region of S$13.50 - S$14.50 per cubic ft. it'd be less if i was shipping a bigger load. i guess since they ship by the container load, the shipping charges remain the same whether or not you've got a full container.

if you want to share a container, the shipping charges will be divided among the people sharing. this'll bring the unit price per cubic ft down. (one company quoted me S$2.5K if i took this option.)

Hi patch17,

You must have a lot of stuff to bring down there. One company quotes me all my goods only 3CBM which is very few only.

What i am interested to know is how much do you pay in Australia for custom (tax clearance)and fumigation ?

Do i need to declare my goods undervalued in order to make the customs duties low because all my goods is used not brand new.

sismic said:
Hi patch17,

You must have a lot of stuff to bring down there. One company quotes me all my goods only 3CBM which is very few only.

What i am interested to know is how much do you pay in Australia for custom (tax clearance)and fumigation ?

Do i need to declare my goods undervalued in order to make the customs duties low because all my goods is used not brand new.

you can check with the movers on how to declare your goods. but normally custom is not borne by the movers, the price will be determined on aussie side.

as for fumigation, i got one mover telling me it's better to fumigate here before shipping, price is cheaper about S$150, where as if it's done in australia, you're looking at AU$450. other movers suggest that fumigation be done in australia though. reason being is that they may not be happy with fumigation job done here and ask to be redone over there. really depends on the custom people.

Status
Not open for further replies.