Anybody know a better photo's server?


Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisp

New Member
May 21, 2004
611
0
0
36
Sydney, Australia
#1
Hello, I'm new here. Having a problem of finding a proper photograph's server to upload. I'm currently using webshots, but what I noticed is everytime I upload a photo, the result was dramatically poorer than the one in the com.
Could anybody enlighten me about this? Or is there a better one out there that I'm not aware of?


Here's some of the sample pics that I have problem with:



 

Simon

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
667,081
1
38
27
ClubSNAP
simon.clubsnap.org
#4
Wisp said:
Hello, I'm new here. Having a problem of finding a proper photograph's server to upload. I'm currently using webshots, but what I noticed is everytime I upload a photo, the result was dramatically poorer than the one in the com.
Could anybody enlighten me about this? Or is there a better one out there that I'm not aware of?


Here's some of the sample pics that I have problem with:



Support ClubSNAP!!!

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=669093#post669093
 

Gymrat76

Senior Member
May 10, 2004
1,606
0
0
41
#6
I use www.pbase.com

You have a 30-day trial with 10MB, and to subscribe is only US$27 a year for 200MB of space. Very nice :thumbsup:
 

Jul 22, 2003
436
0
0
41
Visit site
#7
I use fotopic.net... offers 250M upgradeable to 500M on request. The only problem I have with it is hotlinked images dun show up on the clubsnap webpage. Think the problem is the CS website only shows files with a .jpg extension, and when u take the hotlink URL from fotopic, it doesn't end with .jpg
 

airnosaj

New Member
Dec 26, 2003
121
0
0
Singapore
www.jason.sg
#8
darrelchia said:
I use fotopic.net... offers 250M upgradeable to 500M on request. The only problem I have with it is hotlinked images dun show up on the clubsnap webpage. Think the problem is the CS website only shows files with a .jpg extension, and when u take the hotlink URL from fotopic, it doesn't end with .jpg
Like Darrelchia, I do recommend using fotopic :D. Just to reinforce his statement, you will get 250m free and they also have a nice control panel for you to make uploads and customisation. If you are comfortable with using FTP programs instead of uploading from the web, they too have that added value ;). You can design your own banner and upload it too for personalisation as well as including your preferred wallpaper. What I like about fotopic is that there are some level of freedom in 'designing' your page and does not have any advertisements :D .
 

binbeto

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,312
0
0
43
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
#13
I see this question pop up once in a while in the forum...

Seriously, I am a bit annoyed by those recommending other website for hosting. If you have a much cheaper one, just pm the fellow and stop promoting other hosting site too loudly.

We visited this forum to ask question, sell stuff, buy stuff... Not many of us could contribute much back to the forum.

The forum needs $$ to run. For goodness sake, SUPPORT it.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=669093#post669093

So what if it is a bit more expensive. A UV filter costed more sometimes.

So what if other website gives you 200Meg for the same price? Are you seriously going to use all of those?

Come on! Let contribute a bit to keep this forum going...

P.s This dun apply to those that need a website with special domain name or those that has a hosting site somewhere else.
 

jimtong

Senior Member
May 8, 2002
1,528
0
36
Singapore
jimmyto.ng
#14
binbeto said:
I see this question pop up once in a while in the forum...

Seriously, I am a bit annoyed by those recommending other website for hosting. If you have a much cheaper one, just pm the fellow and stop promoting other hosting site too loudly.

We visited this forum to ask question, sell stuff, buy stuff... Not many of us could contribute much back to the forum.

The forum needs $$ to run. For goodness sake, SUPPORT it.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=669093#post669093

So what if it is a bit more expensive. A UV filter costed more sometimes.

So what if other website gives you 200Meg for the same price? Are you seriously going to use all of those?

Come on! Let contribute a bit to keep this forum going...

P.s This dun apply to those that need a website with special domain name or those that has a hosting site somewhere else.

You dun sound polite. Does CS have any policy stating that we can't recommend other hosting site?

There are many ways to support CS... money is not one of them. Other ways can be in the form of knowledge sharing and community building. Come on be more open minded.

End of the day, ppl need to decide for themselve which site to host their photo.

To CS Admin: Let us know if there is any conflict of interest to CS.

Thanks
 

binbeto

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,312
0
0
43
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
#15
jimtong said:
You dun sound polite. Does CS have any policy stating that we can't recommend other hosting site?
May I ask which part of my message is impolite? Did I name anyone? Did i curse or even swear at them. There is no policy in here that state that member can't recomend other hosting site.

jimtong said:
There are many ways to support CS... money is not one of them. Other ways can be in the form of knowledge sharing and community building. Come on be more open minded.
I agree that knowledge sharing is important too. Why is money not a way to support the forum? Can this forum be maintain w/o money? Since a member is going to spend that money on other hosting site. Why not spend it here?

CS is not asking for sponsorship... You pay money and you get a hosting space. Everybody wins.

jimtong said:
End of the day, ppl need to decide for themselve which site to host their photo.

To CS Admin: Let us know if there is any conflict of interest to CS.

Thanks
I agree at the end of the day, everyone decide for themselves what they wanted. I am just calling for them to support the forum that they have gain something from.

There is no conflict of interest here. If you notice, the admin/mod can only "recomend". If I am a admin/moderator and write the above message, I am sure many will cry foul!

To round up all the thoughts, support the forum that you gain something from.. Be it in contribution of knowledge, picture or money.

Keep this forum alive.


Cheers....
 

zaren

Moderator
Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
10,957
26
48
#16
PBASE IS THE BEST PHOTO SERVER!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
 

jimtong

Senior Member
May 8, 2002
1,528
0
36
Singapore
jimmyto.ng
#18
binbeto said:
May I ask which part of my message is impolite? Did I name anyone? Did i curse or even swear at them. There is no policy in here that state that member can't recomend other hosting site.



I agree that knowledge sharing is important too. Why is money not a way to support the forum? Can this forum be maintain w/o money? Since a member is going to spend that money on other hosting site. Why not spend it here?

CS is not asking for sponsorship... You pay money and you get a hosting space. Everybody wins.



I agree at the end of the day, everyone decide for themselves what they wanted. I am just calling for them to support the forum that they have gain something from.

There is no conflict of interest here. If you notice, the admin/mod can only "recomend". If I am a admin/moderator and write the above message, I am sure many will cry foul!

To round up all the thoughts, support the forum that you gain something from.. Be it in contribution of knowledge, picture or money.

Keep this forum alive.


Cheers....
hi binbeto, I have no intention to start a word of war here. Just felt that your message is a bit hash (just the way i look at it).

Just felt that sharing something with fellow CS'er on any good hosting site beside CS. Some of the CS member are not working, they might not have the financial mean to support paid hosting service, maybe a simple free hosting might allows them to post their work for us to share.

I fully agree with you in regards to supporting CS in various way. Money is part of it, others are knowledge, art work and fun.

got money give money
got strength give strength
got photo show photo

no war... peace :cheergal:
 

binbeto

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,312
0
0
43
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
#20
jimtong said:
hi binbeto, I have no intention to start a word of war here. Just felt that your message is a bit hash (just the way i look at it).

I fully agree with you in regards to supporting CS in various way. Money is part of it, others are knowledge, art work and fun.

got money give money
got strength give strength
got photo show photo

no war... peace :cheergal:
No problem.. We are all here to learn and buy :p

I have nothing against anyone who is using free hosting site.. I had used them too when my pics is limited.
I understand some of us is have difficult coming out with the money to pay for this service.

Maybe I can make myself clearer:

If you are considering other hosting site that needs you to pay, why not give the priority to CS hosting service?

Peace...
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom