Anybody interested to do this as a group?

idi0tekue

Mar 26, 2004
watch this

[video=youtube_share;CAkDjtq1ArI]http://youtu.be/CAkDjtq1ArI[/video]

Anybody interested to do this a as group? Maybe 3-4 guys would be fun.

We can walk down orchard road, clarke quay, bugis etc.

for those lazy to watch the video, it's walking down the street taking photos of people (with flash) and not get into serious trouble

I think it's less of a weirdo to do it as a group rather than alone. Who's keen?

Whats your intention of doing so?

Street photography. But no balls to do it like this.

im up! without flash:p

im keen... still new to street photography thou.

idi0tekue said:
Street photography. But no balls to do it like this.

These are street portraitures. Check out in-public.com for more real street photography. All the best!

Doing so on the street will get you these photos. Check out Charlie Kirk's photos on Flickr ---> Flickr: two cute dogs' Photostream

I think doing it as a group rather than alone is better because people will tend to think that it's normal. If you do it alone people will think you are a weirdo and maybe call the police, but if you do it in a group people will think 'well, that's a bunch of creative young guys having fun'. And in a group is way more fun, and encouraging to those who are timid to snap photos of strangers.

Flash or without flash I leave it to individual preference. But the important thing is to be sensitive to people, do a bit of small talk, smile, polite... so that you don't get into trouble with people. Like those guys in the video sometimes chat up with their subjects after taking their photo.

If you are getting where I am going and interested.. put down your name and I can arrange the shoot. But limit to 4 photographers (include myself) for a start.

.... do what you are comfortable with ..... Eric Kim could well end up with a broken baseball bat on his splattered skull one day when he does this to the wrong fella at the wrong place at the wrong time .....

you're not sharing your images , so need to be moving this to Kopitiam

can start an outing thread once u get your details firmed up... :)

Last edited:
lie in your comfort zone and you will never improve. applies to everything in life. I post here to get more attention from street photographers. Sure move this to the kopitiam or whatever category. thanks.

lie in your comfort zone and you will never improve. applies to everything in life. I post here to get more attention from street photographers. Sure move this to the kopitiam or whatever category. thanks.

Very interesting... :think:

So, if someone decided that jumping off a building or running straight at incoming traffic with a DSLR is a good way to improve... you want to join them also ??

idi0tekue said:

Bro I've tried this technique before as originally inspired by Bruce Gilden. Went to the streets by myself. It was an experience for sure.

I covered only Esplanade area and Geylang bazaar area.

Should try it out to discover what suits you, not what others do. Will try to get the link up here for sharing :)

diver-hloc said:
Very interesting... :think:

So, if someone decided that jumping off a building or running straight at incoming traffic with a DSLR is a good way to improve... you want to join them also ??

Very true.. And TS, getting out of your comfort zone doesnt always means you get better. Technique is one thing, hard work by practice is another.

watch a video or two, than head out the street and do the same thing is not that simple, Eric has been done this for many years, he knows what is he doing.

anyway, are you street smart enough? when form a group and hit the street, if anyone of you get challenged by your subject, will the rest of you stood by him? or run away as fast as you could?

just take one baby step at a time, push yourself a little at a time, not every can do the same as Eric, if it is so easy, he don't have to go around to share his skills already.

This is call stupidity and give photographer a bad name.

Many think they should "take" pictures.... More so with people as a subject, it should not be "take" but photographing a person is a resultant of people interaction and successful portrait is a reflection of mutual understanding.

People hates it when you just take something away from them. It's similar to when you are reviewing your picture and suddenly people come and touch your camera equipment, do u like that?

It has achieve nothing but to dare yourself doing some silly stuff... Something like in Jackass movie or something.

Having balls is not doing something silly, it's an act of stupidity. At least to me...

Having balls mean you can walk up to a stranger and talk to them and take a picture that tells a lot about the person. If you want to dare yourself... Why not doing that.

No wonder government has to run a courtesy campaign for the longest time and it still not working. What gets to people these days?

Regards,

Hart

Go run on a thread mill first. Prepare yourself.

Jokes aside, Singaporeans are not ready for these type of things. Not saying ALL but i'm pretty sure those young punks or aunty uncle would make a nuisance if you took a picture of them with flash somemore.