Anybody interested to do this as a group?

Yes I got you. Don't worry I'm not discouraged

I have photo projects brewing in mind for years, and hope I can turn them into a series worth looking. THanks for all the concern I will be careful of people wanting to smash me with beer bottles :p

if you are scared of that, might as well not do it.

but if you are chased, don't forget that you have a bigger gang here.

best wishes and go for it

just to 'show the whole picture' ...... Eric's works in various cities are in areas where there is heavy tourist load or known areas for eccentricities

Shinjuku in Tokyo
Champs Elysees in Paris
Time Square and 5th Ave in NY
oh ... where did he shoot in Singapore?

and back in Seoul Korea, he suddenly goes all traditional street ?

from what I see, he has not brought this technique '2 alleys deeper' where more serious subjects await his flashing technique

so, by all means, go for it , but do the buy-in of this technique wisely

Last edited:
best wishes and go for it

just to 'show the whole picture' ...... Eric's works in various cities are in areas where there is heavy tourist load or known areas for eccentricities

Shinjuku in Tokyo
Champs Elysees in Paris
Time Square and 5th Ave in NY
oh ... where did he shoot in Singapore?

and back in Seoul Korea, he suddenly goes all traditional street ?

from what I see, he has not brought this technique '2 alleys deeper' where more serious subjects await his flashing technique

so, by all means, go for it , but do the buy-in of this technique wisely

Actually I was going to try flash photog at geylang, where the prostitutes are standing.

Just kidding :p

hi bro, i wanna join you, how to contact?

Maybe you can try with the tourists here. But then again, are u intending to capture locals?

Some of us are already shooting street seriously.

Don't talk about it so much. Just do it. Walk the back alleys with no light.

Orchard road, clarke quay, chinatown? you will find those are not very interesting once you start shooting.

And we do not use flash. Flash is slow, not versatile and very disruptive when used on the streets at night.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Ask tung tong to lead the group?

I find Eric Kim's style intrusive but that's only my personal opinion.

Whether you shoot alone or as a group, it doesn't change the fact that it will be consider as a public nuisance. In fact the bigger the group, the more the photographers will be deem public nuisance and knowing Singapore, it might not be long before some laws are added/amended to add more restriction to us photographers.

I was once at a photo shoot in a public place and nearby some children are playing and one of the photographers took their photos and the parent is shouting at the photographer and protecting the children but that photographer only argues back as his right in a public setting. Fact is it is indeed legal to take photos at public places and all the time, we are video by the massive amount of security cameras around, if you have not noticed. Still is it right to deny others their right to enjoy public places? You can do your own stuff, just don't disturb others.

I do condo taking street photography close up but do it in a way that is not intrusive or offending to others. Easiest is to ask for permission first, if they ignore you or decline, move on, Singapore is a concrete jungle overcrowded with animals, sorry I mean people from all over the world, surely you will have other opportunities.

I personally take streets with a 70-200 or 400mm (with TC 2.0). It's my style and I still get the pictures I want.

for those lazy to watch the video, it's walking down the street taking photos of people (with flash) and not get into serious trouble

I think it's less of a weirdo to do it as a group rather than alone. Who's keen?

i do it alone... and am not a weirdo... if you can justify in your own right mind that what you intend to do is right, then just do it... why ask for others to join? no guts? don't go... shooting streets as a group and using flash might cause a stir here in Singapore, and it might not be in a good way. anyways, just to prove that i shoot streets with an off camera flash, here's a pic, so you can't say that i can just talk but not really do it... cheers! :)

6995812591_b5f125b25d_z.jpg

i do it alone... and am not a weirdo... if you can justify in your own right mind that what you intend to do is right, then just do it... why ask for others to join? no guts? don't go... shooting streets as a group and using flash might cause a stir here in Singapore, and it might not be in a good way. anyways, just to prove that i shoot streets with an off camera flash, here's a pic, so you can't say that i can just talk but not really do it... cheers! :)

6995812591_b5f125b25d_z.jpg
Haha he look like he is gonna throw the thing in his hand towards you.

Anyway, good or bad. Firing flash right at the person is quite rude IMO.

6995812591_b5f125b25d_m.jpg

Bro, you have shot with some of us. There are better ways create light other than flash. Hope you will consider them. FLash is indeed disruptive.

agree with you, daredevil, i only use it if needs be, cos my favorite lens only has f4 as the biggest f stop and shooting in very low lights, i need some lighting... was thinking of led but am shooting with rangefinder, i need my other hand to focus... sheers! :)