anybody had this AF communication problem before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

captnj

Jan 24, 2005
Singapore
www.genesisgym.com.sg
sometimes (randomly) with my D70, i feel more so with sigma lense, it will AF lock but not be able to shutter release. both in AF-s and AF-C mode it can happen. dirty contacts? mechanical problem? problem with 3rd party lens? strangely, it will fail to release shutter but if i hold down the shutter release it will eventually fire. a bit weird.

Sounds very much like either dirty contacts, low light or battery or Lens CPU issues.

captnj said:
sometimes (randomly) with my D70, i feel more so with sigma lense, it will AF lock but not be able to shutter release. both in AF-s and AF-C mode it can happen. dirty contacts? mechanical problem? problem with 3rd party lens? strangely, it will fail to release shutter but if i hold down the shutter release it will eventually fire. a bit weird.

I experienced it before too.....pressed again and again...still wouldnt fire.....i tilt the camera from landscape to potrait orientation and back..... IT fires.... :)

I suspect its the orientation sensor in the D70 not sitting in properly that is causing the shutter not to release.....

Try tilting or shaking the D70 the next time it happens......it should work ;)

After you have click the lens in, try turning in the reverse direction but without the release button.

captnj said:

Shoot in low light place?

captnj said:
both low and normal light also got. The thing is that AF is locked liao, still wun fire. Beep and red flash in viewfinder already....

do some cleaning on the hotshoe area, make sure the dirt is removed thoroughly coz sometimes it's very difficult to remove..

if u ever did knock or drop ur cam before.. that could also contribute to the cause as well..

Robin said:
I experienced it before too.....pressed again and again...still wouldnt fire.....i tilt the camera from landscape to potrait orientation and back..... IT fires.... :)

I suspect its the orientation sensor in the D70 not sitting in properly that is causing the shutter not to release.....

Try tilting or shaking the D70 the next time it happens......it should work ;)

you are right, tliting it fires it. IS this sth that needs to be looked at at nikon service center?

Status
Not open for further replies.