Anybody buy in www.DealExtreme.com for flashlight????

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1kid

Sep 22, 2008
Hi i want to ask if do we need to pay any extra charges for them to send to Singapore. I am confused cos they say they provide free international shipping... then i also say the EMS postal service which have to pay about $10 to $20... Below is their instruction

http://www.dealextreme.com/shoppingcart.dx/c.TRACKING

We ship worldwide at no additional charge.

EMS rate quoted is for these regions: US, Canada, UK, Belgium, Denmark, Italy, Japan, Australia, Singapore and some more countries. If your region is not listed, we will contact you to confirm shipping rates before shipment ($10~$20 extra typically). Remember to provide your telephone number during check out.

Can i know if i can just choose the airmail which is free????

yes choose that free airmail, which is the 1st option. Shipping is free.

Thanx alot but do you know how long it take to reach here?

If u choose the free airmail it would normally take about 2-3 weeks before yr stuff arrives. However, if u order now... it would take you AFTER CNY to get it cause normally at this period they are very busy and u will be lucky to get it before CNY. I made my first purchase with them last year and i ordered just before the CNY period and waited almost a month plus before getting my item. But so far I'm happy with their stuff:thumbsup:

Looks like this is a HK webstore and they will be close for business for 9 days during CNY http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.166

HK CNY public holiday is only 3 days but it is common for business to close for a week or up to ten days since people will be traveling (vacation/home visit).

sian have to wait for so long. But bo pian is free shipping wan. Anybody bought their romisen flash light at 13.30? Is it good?

Cant find the flash at the price u saying..
There's not much to say about the cheaper flashes there.. Good or not muz see what u want to use the flash for.. confirm better than that new army torchlight for finding stuff in the dark..
After looking at their website, did a small research. Ended up with dedicated forums that were into modding torchlights.. ppl with 900 lumens torch.. changing drivers and stuff.. look for this term 'SSC P7'.

Cant find the flash at the price u saying..
There's not much to say about the cheaper flashes there.. Good or not muz see what u want to use the flash for.. confirm better than that new army torchlight for finding stuff in the dark..
After looking at their website, did a small research. Ended up with dedicated forums that were into modding torchlights.. ppl with 900 lumens torch.. changing drivers and stuff.. look for this term 'SSC P7'.

I think TS means external flash light, not the "torch light".

To TS, as others had stated... The free shipping might take weeks. I ordered twice, 1st one came after 2 weeks; another one after 3 weeks.

And their QC is not consistent if you read most of the hot items' reviews. And I'm not sure on the warranty as most of the buyers expect the cheap prices won't guarantee a good quality, so they don't mind if there's faulty after several usages.

Good luck.

Waiting for my 2nd order to arrive.....

1st order arrive in very condition and everything works....

i will always take a look at reviews b4 i buy, even if its cheap. But their prices really cant be beat lah.. i was shocked when i see some products in local stores selling for alot more and looks so identical to DX ones.. My third order is a gorilla pod imitation, about 8+usd.. still waiting..

so far their order takes about 2 weeks, so it still is quite acceptable.

Romisen MXDL RC-G2 Cree Flashlight Black (1xAA)---- thats the model i wan. it has a lot of reviews leh. alot people say cheap and good... sorry it is $11.30

Some things there are really like too good to be true...

My order came today.... missing my UltraFire 18650 3.7V 3000mAh Lithium Batteries (2-Pack).... inside was note stating that they have ran out of stock, and will ship to me asap. Sadly can't test my new flashlight now..... :cry:

Romisen MXDL RC-G2 Cree Flashlight Black (1xAA)---- thats the model i wan. it has a lot of reviews leh. alot people say cheap and good... sorry it is $11.30

Some things there are really like too good to be true...

you know its a torchlight, not a camera flashlight right?
and how is this torchlight related to this forum? for macro?

you know its a torchlight, not a camera flashlight right?
and how is this torchlight related to this forum? for macro?

Personally i think a torch light is part of photography tools too... to find ur things and place in dark and also act as light source for photography...

One other use that i saw was shooting those online blogshop jewellery.. that owner proved to me that you can take fantastic images with a torch..
also can do light painting with them after some mods.

hi guys,
is the currency shown in dealextreme in USD or SGD?

the prices are in USD...singapore is not the centre of the world yet, so most countries won't choose to list using SGD. maybe in another 10-15 years? hehe

yes i bought truckloads of stuff from dx. its damn cool lah. got a 6-inch ceramic kitchen knife so US$15 when stores are selling at 70-80, and there's also the motorola h700 bluetooth headset that goes for about $100 in stores for only US$15.

oh, i didnt know topics in kopitiam must be photography related as well. like that nothing much to talk about already...

oh, then got some stuff not so cheap liao leh.

they got sell the fancier tripod, aft convert, it's more ex than the mass sales here

Status
Not open for further replies.