Any1 with 17-35mm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by lyrrad
Any1 with 17-35mm? I was wondering if any1 got any filters for it? Even though wide with filters might cos vignetting.

Get those ultra-slim ones; I'm using one for mine but they don't come cheap if you're getting the good ones like B+W...

Any1 with 17-35mm? I was wondering if any1 got any filters for it? Even though wide with filters might cos vignetting.

To advoid vignetting for wide angle lens, u have to use Slim-Line Filters and Polarizers, example: B+W Slim-Line Filters and Polarizers

slimvsreg.JPG

I use the Hoya Super HMC Pro1 Filter on my 17-35mm AFS. These are really slim but they have only three types avalialbe... the SkyLight 1B, UV(0) and the Circular Polariser.

Depends on which lense u are referrring too. My Sigma has no problem with std one.

Originally posted by SzennyBoy
I use the Hoya Super HMC Pro1 Filter on my 17-35mm AFS. These are really slim but they have only three types avalialbe... the SkyLight 1B, UV(0) and the Circular Polariser.

How much did they cost u?

Opps should have stated properly. The sigma 17-35mm one. The one with a HUGE 82mm thread.

I have that one. Doing some lens test soon.

I just got one myself so now pondering about filters lah....

hey! how's the lens? do a review for it leh cos i'm also looking for a wide lens.. hehe...

or better still lend me the lens... keke.. :D

Been raining a lot so darn difficult to get good shots.

But my shots so far indicate little or no difference from my 28-105 on the wide end. Standard amount of USM required in PS.

Some one lend me a 17-35L for a comparison can? :devil:

Hi Hackie,
I just got it on Saturday, have not taken any shots yet. I'm a lazy photographer only take photos on sunny days :D . I'm also waiting for some prints I took to 'study' my mistakes on my other lens.

I'm looking for filters, probably the cokin ones so I can reuse on my lenses.

Hey,
so to re-iterate. Any1 with a Sigma 17-35mm. Do u use any UV guard or 1A to protect ur lens? If so, wat brand and berapa ringgit? (How much?) Merci the very beaucoup. (Thank you very the much). ;)

Hey,
so to re-iterate. Any1 with a Sigma 17-35mm. Do u use any UV guard or 1A to protect ur lens? If so, wat brand and berapa ringgit? (How much?) Merci the very beaucoup. (Thank you very the much). ;)

Hmm...should we meet up and do some lense test on our 17-35?

Originally posted by Java_Guru

Hmm...should we meet up and do some lense test on our 17-35?

Can. I'm on vacation till end of feb so... :)

I sua ku when I bought the lens bought a cheap CPL. Wanted a UV guard, so now thinking if I should buy.

NB: I'm an amatuer so....

Can. I'm on vacation till end of feb so... :)

I sua ku when I bought the lens bought a cheap CPL. Wanted a UV guard, so now thinking if I should buy.

NB: I'm an amatuer so....

What sort of lenses u have? Any primes for wide angled? Then we can do a decent comparison.

I was going to compare my 28-105 to the 17-35 on the wide end.

Originally posted by Java_Guru

What sort of lenses u have? Any primes for wide angled? Then we can do a decent comparison.

I was going to compare my 28-105 to the 17-35 on the wide end.

I have a 28-80, and a 70-300. 4got to mention I shoot on film, so does that mean on my 17-35 w/ a UV guard or watever, vignetting is more likely to occur?

I have a 28-80, and a 70-300. 4got to mention I shoot on film, so does that mean on my 17-35 w/ a UV guard or watever, vignetting is more likely to occur?

Hmm your UV filter might have a problem with vignetting and sharpness. I use a D60.

But I have the std Hoya 82 mm on mine so u can test it out if u want. I'm thinking of upgrading this UV filter so I can sell to u too.

Status
Not open for further replies.