Any1 with 17-35mm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Originally posted by lyrrad
Any1 with 17-35mm? I was wondering if any1 got any filters for it? Even though wide with filters might cos vignetting.
Get those ultra-slim ones; I'm using one for mine but they don't come cheap if you're getting the good ones like B+W...

Simon

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
ClubSNAP
simon.clubsnap.org
Any1 with 17-35mm? I was wondering if any1 got any filters for it? Even though wide with filters might cos vignetting.
To advoid vignetting for wide angle lens, u have to use Slim-Line Filters and Polarizers, example: B+W Slim-Line Filters and Polarizers

SzennyBoy

Mar 3, 2002
London, UK
www.zen76903.zen.co.uk
I use the Hoya Super HMC Pro1 Filter on my 17-35mm AFS. These are really slim but they have only three types avalialbe... the SkyLight 1B, UV(0) and the Circular Polariser.

Java_Guru

Feb 3, 2002
Visit site
Depends on which lense u are referrring too. My Sigma has no problem with std one.

Java_Guru

Feb 3, 2002
Visit site

Opps should have stated properly. The sigma 17-35mm one. The one with a HUGE 82mm thread.
I have that one. Doing some lens test soon.

hackie

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
I just got one myself so now pondering about filters lah....
hey! how's the lens? do a review for it leh cos i'm also looking for a wide lens.. hehe...

or better still lend me the lens... keke.. :D

Java_Guru

Feb 3, 2002
Visit site
Been raining a lot so darn difficult to get good shots.

But my shots so far indicate little or no difference from my 28-105 on the wide end. Standard amount of USM required in PS.

Some one lend me a 17-35L for a comparison can? :devil:

Hi Hackie,
I just got it on Saturday, have not taken any shots yet. I'm a lazy photographer only take photos on sunny days :D . I'm also waiting for some prints I took to 'study' my mistakes on my other lens.

I'm looking for filters, probably the cokin ones so I can reuse on my lenses.

Hey,
so to re-iterate. Any1 with a Sigma 17-35mm. Do u use any UV guard or 1A to protect ur lens? If so, wat brand and berapa ringgit? (How much?) Merci the very beaucoup. (Thank you very the much). ;)

Java_Guru

Feb 3, 2002
Visit site
Hey,
so to re-iterate. Any1 with a Sigma 17-35mm. Do u use any UV guard or 1A to protect ur lens? If so, wat brand and berapa ringgit? (How much?) Merci the very beaucoup. (Thank you very the much). ;)

Hmm...should we meet up and do some lense test on our 17-35?

Originally posted by Java_Guru

Hmm...should we meet up and do some lense test on our 17-35?
Can. I'm on vacation till end of feb so... :)

I sua ku when I bought the lens bought a cheap CPL. Wanted a UV guard, so now thinking if I should buy.

NB: I'm an amatuer so....

Java_Guru

Feb 3, 2002
Visit site

Can. I'm on vacation till end of feb so... :)

I sua ku when I bought the lens bought a cheap CPL. Wanted a UV guard, so now thinking if I should buy.

NB: I'm an amatuer so....
What sort of lenses u have? Any primes for wide angled? Then we can do a decent comparison.

I was going to compare my 28-105 to the 17-35 on the wide end.

Originally posted by Java_Guru

What sort of lenses u have? Any primes for wide angled? Then we can do a decent comparison.

I was going to compare my 28-105 to the 17-35 on the wide end.
I have a 28-80, and a 70-300. 4got to mention I shoot on film, so does that mean on my 17-35 w/ a UV guard or watever, vignetting is more likely to occur?

Java_Guru

Feb 3, 2002
Visit site

I have a 28-80, and a 70-300. 4got to mention I shoot on film, so does that mean on my 17-35 w/ a UV guard or watever, vignetting is more likely to occur?
Hmm your UV filter might have a problem with vignetting and sharpness. I use a D60.

But I have the std Hoya 82 mm on mine so u can test it out if u want. I'm thinking of upgrading this UV filter so I can sell to u too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom