Any1 used Samsung Film?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did, I think I still have 2 unused rolls in my fridge...

Very natural color, not too green or yellow like the Fuji or Kodak...

Originally posted by lyrrad
Just wondering if any1 tried this before?

Originally posted by ST1100
Never seen before. Where to get?

Mustafa & also saw it in a shop in Concourse - the odd shape white building in beach rd.

some one even commented: better than konica!

I've used it already, but the place I developed my prints didn't do a good job, so I hav to redevelop them. All my shots came out under exposed, which is unlikely cos I took a mixture of night and day shots and I know I metered correctly. Once I redevelop them I'll let u know.

I saw this film being sold at Bestway Supermarket Bedok. Quite cheap I think, ISO 100 - $4.00, ISO 200 - $4.00, ISO 400 - $4.50.

I managed to use samsung film for the first time about two days back, is0 400. However, I don't know if it just me but i think the film is a bit slower than the other common consumer films like konica, kodak.

How I tell? well one thing, when i was metering with aperture priority, the shutter speed showed much slower. it was something in the range of 1/30 for an aperture f5.6 on a relatively bright outdoors using a zoom lense at full zoom of 300mm. usually I'd get around 1/125 if I recall correctly.

anyone else face the problem?

I haven't sent the film for processing yet as I don't remember any significant shots that I need urgently. Will feedback again after processing.

regards

Originally posted by Obzervr
I managed to use samsung film for the first time about two days back, is0 400. However, I don't know if it just me but i think the film is a bit slower than the other common consumer films like konica, kodak.

How I tell? well one thing, when i was metering with aperture priority, the shutter speed showed much slower. it was something in the range of 1/30 for an aperture f5.6 on a relatively bright outdoors using a zoom lense at full zoom of 300mm. usually I'd get around 1/125 if I recall correctly.

Doesn't sound right. Normal metering is independent of the film used, the ISO is just set on the camera itself and the metering is derived from the camera's ISO settings.

The only time anything is derived from the film is TTL flash metering which checks the reflections off the film surface.

Anyway, Fuji Superia 200/400 retails at $3+ at most photostores so the samsung isn't exactly cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.