Any1 purchasing CITY VIEW @ BK ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was really a long quene when i reached there. Dont have a chance to enter and have a peek. :sweat:

Could someone please help me see the logic...

Land is scarce here and definitely housing is so limited as testified by the many rejects in the recent exercise. 5000 applicants applied but only 300+ got them?

Why then are they designing this not here nor there (not your typical HDB but yet not a condo) kind of housing and the developer charge exorbitant prices? Isn't the priority to let more singaporeans find a new home to live in?

And the hard part to understand is, these people buying are not rich. There's a cap of $8,000 on their combined income. So....

Am I right to say that Singaporeans are spenders/workholics who don't mind having little savings in the bank and are prepared to work till they are in their 70's just to pay off miscellaneous bills, not to mention their housing?

Could someone please help me see the logic...

Land is scarce here and definitely housing is so limited as testified by the many rejects in the recent exercise. 5000 applicants applied but only 300+ got them?

Why then are they designing this not here nor there (not your typical HDB but yet not a condo) kind of housing and the developer charge exorbitant prices? Isn't the priority to let more singaporeans find a new home to live in?

And the hard part to understand is, these people buying are not rich. There's a cap of $8,000 on their combined income. So....

Am I right to say that Singaporeans are spenders/workholics who don't mind having little savings in the bank and are prepared to work till they are in their 70's just to pay off miscellaneous bills, not to mention their housing?

There is logic in your point ;)

But singaporeans are rich :thumbsup:

700K for a HDB flat is nothing :p

DUN STALK ME !!! STOP LOOKING AT MY POST ;(

Went to look at it. Basically a smaller than normal HDB flat, marketed like a condo, at condo prices.

Out of curiosity, I asked one of the staff there how they expect a household with $8000 per month income to afford it. The staff gave a stiff lip for a few seconds, and went "Erm, we expect the economy to go up lor, so your salary will also go up. You can afford it in the long run lah."

The developer will surely laugh to the bank for this one. I'm not sure about the buyers though.

Ahh, so that's what those people stuck in the Matrix like a Duracell battery must be thinking.

The typical Singaporeans who earn $8000 or less are "rich" (see inverted commas) -- i.e. they act rich, or think rich but actually not rich at all physically. The REAL rich ones ain't them.

Very appalling... It's fine if they wanna built condos and let the richer communities buy them...

But there are many middle income not rich families... By building these "condo-like" HDBs, they are depriving the common, I-just-want-a-home-to-live-in singaporean couples of places. Then whenever other HDB homes are released, there will be another mad rush and competition. I dunno... I just sincerely feel the land space could be better given to couples who really need a simple roof under their heads.

Why can't they let condos be condos, HDBs be HDBs.

Is it all about $ and profits?

The typical Singaporeans who earn $8000 or less are "rich" (see inverted commas) -- i.e. they act rich, or think rich but actually not rich at all physically. The REAL rich ones ain't them.

Very appalling... It's fine if they wanna built condos and let the richer communities buy them...

But there are many middle income not rich families... By building these "condo-like" HDBs, they are depriving the common, I-just-want-a-home-to-live-in singaporean couples of places. Then whenever other HDB homes are released, there will be another mad rush and competition. I dunno... I just sincerely feel the land space could be better given to couples who really need a simple roof under their heads.

Why can't they let condos be condos, HDBs be HDBs.

Is it all about $ and profits?

HDB privitising wanna join it's bigger brother...NTUC mah heheheh

You also need to take into account that there will come a certain point in time where you can no longer use CPF to pay off the loan - there is a maximum cap to the amount that you can pay with CPF and it will be less than your 520K + interest. This means that along the way, probabalbly around the later years, u need to pay in cash.

just out of interest, the DBSS flats follow HDB rulings which cap the combined salary at $8k.
taking me and my wife as an example, our combined salary is $7k. the maximum approved HDB loan is $500k++.

Price = $720k (estimtated)
HDB loan = $520k (estimated)
Cash/CPF = $200k

montly CPF for HDB loan = $2.5k (estimated)

i personally think this type of figures are far fetch even with couples earning at the $8k salary cap ;p

http://www.thelocalking.com/singapo...../city-view--boon-keng-the-new-hdb-dbss.html

this site is cool .... they even managed to snap pics of the showflats (despite the 'NO PHOTOGRAPHY allowed' signages ) :bsmilie: and ridiculous pricing if u are curious how much is one...bear in mind...each unit has a separate price tag..... u be the judge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.