Any Wine Lover Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in :)

I am relatively new to wine drinking but love Merlot and Riesling.

I am... I'm more into French Reds. Whites - alright (occasionally a lil sweet). The other countries that I have tried is of cos the Aussie wines (think they captured the largest S'pore share of out wine market). Other than that, I have not really tried any other countries.

Anyone care to share their tastes?

Reason why I prefer French is cos their wine tend to be less acidic, tastes more mellow without being overpowering. And alot of the have a certain wet wood, peary, peachy tastes.

I am not really a connoisseur in wine but for me I think I prefer Ozy wine especially the Shirac, Merlot.

I am... I'm more into French Reds. Whites - alright (occasionally a lil sweet). The other countries that I have tried is of cos the Aussie wines (think they captured the largest S'pore share of out wine market). Other than that, I have not really tried any other countries.

Anyone care to share their tastes?

Reason why I prefer French is cos their wine tend to be less acidic, tastes more mellow without being overpowering. And alot of the have a certain wet wood, peary, peachy tastes.

Any good French to recommend? :)

Lets discuss about wine drinking.

Fave wine

Henry's Drive Shiraz reserve, Pathaway South Australia. Ideally 2002 vintage...

Notes:
Full bodies and lush nature with strong blackberry fruit taste and oaky charcoal taste. Hints of mocha. Best part of it is that the distinctly peppery taste of shiraz grapes is fairly lowkey.. What i really like is the velvety smooth feel of the wine, with nicely mellowed tannins. Only fault is the lack of a lingering finishing, with a more subtle end on the tastebuds

Easy drinking, easy on the wallet, what more can you ask for? :heart:

for me.....i'm an old wine freak.....

more into italians...

barolos, babarescos, brunellos, etc

aussie wines? .... i'm past that period ......

i'm an idiot in whites.....so don't mind if you guys can share about whites so that i can try to enjoy?

Wanna try a nice Shiraz...Saltram No.1 (try Crystal Wines)...no horse run.

Wanna try a nice Shiraz...Saltram No.1 (try Crystal Wines)...no horse run.

for shiraz,

look out for this...

kooyong.... think was a 95 or 99 ...can't remember which year... absolute :thumbsup:

where's my wine friend when i need him! :D

for aussie wines...

Penfolds Grange series....arguably the best from australia

The Dead Arm is good too...but watch out for the year!

Duckhorn valley's Cab Saug is okay.....

Are those investment grade wine???:embrass:

definitely....

not only investment grades....they are almost like antiques......rare and need to cut off my arm, leg, sell backside oso still damnex :(

esp that blardy petrus!

but if u have a chance...just one small glass....just 1..... u'll be hooked onto great fine wines.....

nobody into italian wines like me and another of my friend? :(

jialat.....once talk about red wines.... my spirits up liao!:embrass:

nobody into italian wines like me and another of my friend? :(

jialat.....once talk about red wines.... my spirits up liao!:embrass:

I've tried the Fattoria Aldobrandesca Aleatico Toscana (think the emblem is a griffin)

Sweet red. usually available in half-bottles (500ml). used to be available in DFS but heard lately DFS doesn't carry it anymore, or may be out of stock.

NTUC sells this spanish label - Herederos Del Marques RIOJA. It's a reserve. the bottle has gold netting. not a bad buy. avail in half ($20+) and full bottles ($40+).

Status
Not open for further replies.