Any website to intro leica/ zesis lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplicitee

Feb 3, 2008
I am looking into buying a wide angle prime.

But I am a little lost as to how the 2 systems can work with my canon system.

Also there are the type of lens for each brand. How are they classified? And then there are the adaptors.

I tried searching for info on the internet and within CS (mostly on buying. Only manage to get bits and pieces of information here and there.

E.g. i know Zesis has ZE which is for EOS, but what abt the other non ZE lens? Can canon users use them? If need adaptors, which are the adaptors? Are there reputable brands of adaptors? I recall reading about people making their own adaptors....

Is there any website that has a good introduction as well as discussion on leican and zesis lens working on a canon system?

Its a feeling of not knowing what i dont know and only understanding half of what i read.

Would be glad if someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Best is to learn how to spell them correctly first. It makes searching for info online (google or here) much easier.

Leica
Zeiss

Some pointers:
- Every camera system has its dedicated lens mount. Wikipedia helps.
- Adapters only help to make the lens fit in mechanical terms.
- Not all lenses can be mounted on all cameras due to physical limitations.
- The communication between camera and lens of the same brand is proprietary, rendering every lens of a different brand a manual lens. Which means: you need to set focus and aperture manually at the lens.

For classification of Zeiss lenses and available mount types just check their website, it's clearly described there. Once you got the spelling right Google will return hundreds of hits for 'zeiss eos adapter' ....

Status
Not open for further replies.