Any Vegan restaurants in Singapore and KL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asterixsg

May 22, 2006
Somewhere in this creation
Hi all,
A friend of mine is coming from Beijing and she is a strict Vegan. Looks like most vegetarian stalls in the foodcourts will be out too, as they don't really cater to a vegan clientele.

I have the unenviable task of finding vegan restaurants for her in Singapore and KL. :sweat:
I suppose she will do her research before coming here, but being the host I have to make sure I do my part as well.

One option that I know of is the Lotus restaurant in Quality Hotel at Balestier Road.

Any other suggestions are most appreciated. Help please.

Does your friend take dairy products (cheese,eggs, milk)? If she does then you could probably check out Original Sin. It's a vegetarian restaurant. Not Chinese food though. :)

http://www.originalsin.com.sg/index.htm

Thanks for the link. It sure looks nice :thumbsup:

No, my friend doesn't take dairy products.

Strict as in Only in the meal or as in when she eat... she cannot even share table with non vegetarians?

If you are looking for STRICT vege rest ... there are two i can think of that serves good Vegetarian Food.

1) One is at Yangtse Building at Outram. It's at 2nd floor call Kwai Hou Lin. 快活林
2) The other is at China Sq. Ling Zhi Vegetarian Restaurant.

the 1st is very affordable. The later is classy and if you wanna provide 3 meals a day in that place... prepare alot of money. ;)

bro asterixsg... after coming back from the China GP, you've now got friends from China visiting you? wow... nice!!! :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

anyway, good luck in hunting for vegan restaurants. i'm sure there are a quite a number to be found.

Can go to the restaurants next to BTRTM, restaurant name: Eight Treasure nice ambience good place for quiet meal! ps: dating oso:thumbsup: Must try the eight treasure soup!;):bsmilie:

If you are looking for STRICT vege rest ... there are two i can think of that serves good Vegetarian Food.

1) One is at Yangtse Building at Outram. It's at 2nd floor call Kwai Hou Lin. 快活林
2) The other is at China Sq. Ling Zhi Vegetarian Restaurant.

the 1st is very affordable. The later is classy and if you wanna provide 3 meals a day in that place... prepare alot of money. ;)

Thanks ZDragon for the pointers. I've eaten at #2 and yes, its pricey :sweat:

bro asterixsg... after coming back from the China GP, you've now got friends from China visiting you? wow... nice!!! :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

anyway, good luck in hunting for vegan restaurants. i'm sure there are a quite a number to be found.

Wah liao eh. You sure can jump to conclusions ;)

No lah bro. China GP was in Shanghai. This friend is from Beijing. Maybe after I come back from Olympics 2008, I'll have more friends from Beijing :bsmilie:

I know a few vegetarian stalls in food courts and there are few at that Circuit Road hawker centre too. But vegan ? I am not sure leh.

Thanks ZDragon for the pointers. I've eaten at #2 and yes, its pricey :sweat:

the 1st suggestion Happy Rest is operated by Volunteers from a local chinese temple. All proceeds goes to Fund charity activities by the temple.

Can go to the restaurants next to BTRTM, restaurant name: Eight Treasure nice ambience good place for quiet meal! ps: dating oso:thumbsup: Must try the eight treasure soup!;):bsmilie:

Thanks Melvin. I was sure you would know of some places.
I shall go check out the restaurants next to BTRTM (too me a while to figure what it was though) one of these days. That tip on dating helps too ;) though I have no plans of that for the moment :bsmilie:

Wah laio eh. You sure can jump to conclusions ;)

No lah bro. China GP was in Shanghai. This friend is from Beijing. Maybe after I come back from Olympics 2008, I'll have more friends from Beijing :bsmilie:

I know a few vegetarian stalls in food courts and there are few at that Circuit Road hawker centre too. But vegan ? I am not sure leh.

same lah... Shanghai, Beijing... both also in China mah. who knows, maybe you met someone from Beijing in Shanghai :dunno:

hahaha... all in good jest bro.

eh, what about you preparing a strict vegetarian meal for your guest? wouldn't that be nice? i'm serious lah this time. it'll definitely impress him/her :thumbsup:

same lah... Shanghai, Beijing... both also in China mah. who knows, maybe you met someone from Beijing in Shanghai :dunno:

hahaha... all in good jest bro.

I know, I know ... ;)

eh, what about you preparing a strict vegetarian meal for your guest? wouldn't that be nice? i'm serious lah this time. it'll definitely impress him/her :thumbsup:

that's not a bad idea at all. if i can only get her to come to my home ;) :bsmilie:

friends,

any places in KL that you've been to ?

i know of one in China Town - run by a girl who studied in the US or Canada. One moment she speaks very sweet English with an American accent, the next moment switches to Cantonese and the very next to Mandarin. The food there is damn shiok :thumbsup:, I just know the location, but not the address or the name of the restaurant. Not a problem though as I can give the directions to get there...

Thanks Melvin. I was sure you would know of some places.
I shall go check out the restaurants next to BTRTM (too me a while to figure what it was though) one of these days. That tip on dating helps too ;) though I have no plans of that for the moment :bsmilie:

U can try Grand Court near somerset mrt, Just Green in chinatown, pearl center upstair 3rd floor good nice n economic:thumbsup:

As for KL went to a few in which one of them was introduce by a certain minister in KL(good)... err... cant remember le....:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.