Any users of the SlingShot 200 AW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daedalus Trent

Apr 15, 2008
Singapore, east-ish
hiya guy,

Thinking of buying a SlingShot 200 AW. Looks great but i'm wondering how ergonomic it actually is! Cos it doesn't look easy to draw the lenses stored in the bag if the bag while yr wearing the bag :dunno:

Any anyone who used any of the slingshot series care to comment?

Hi There,

I have both SS200 and SS300. I love the SS200, I use it with D300 and 17-55mm.
What I do if I need to change lenses, is to slide the the bag from my back to my belly. Then open the clip to have access to the lens, take the lens out. I then use the bag sort of a like a table in from of me to rest the camera or lens, so I can easily change it.
It may not sound easier, but I doubt it would be much quicker with another bag.

mmm...thx for the description! can picture how you do it ;)
sure sounds easier when you have this 'platform' in front of you to work with when changing lenses.

Thx again!

mmm...thx for the description! can picture how you do it ;)
sure sounds easier when you have this 'platform' in front of you to work with when changing lenses.

Thx again!

Exactly as he described; slide the bag from back to front. The Lowepro link also has a product video; it also shows how the sliding and accessing of the camera is done. Pretty nifty.

One more great function to share. It's a good support for your hand with the bag slide to front.

hi chappies ... can the slingshot 200 upper compartment accommodate a smallish Dslr like a D50 with 18-55 lens . Have to carry 2 DSLRs sometimes . Thanks

can consider the fastpack 200/350. Think there is a video on the usage of the bag at the lowepro website. Similar in action to the slingshot, but is a backpack

I use a few difference bags depending on what I shoot or where I am going. I am use the SS200 as my main means to carry my D70 with two lens, mini tripod, first aid kit and bike repair kit all roll into one when I am mountain biking around Singapore. It can get pretty heavy but it is comfortable and sit quite balance on m yback as I pedal about. The rain wrap comes in very handy too when I hit a rainy spot.

As for ease of use in taking out your camera to shoot and all that...that is basically covered by the others below already.

I added a short lens pouch to it which I attached to one of the attachment harnesses that you find on the outer portion of the bag. You can add up to 3 pouches if you need more compartments.

i carry an RF in the top compartment as well as some rolls of 120 film.

front pocket has rolls of 35mm for the RF and lens tissues/cloth.

main compartment carries 2 lenses, flash, batteries, blower, cpl, dslr (with lens) and a holga

i loved the slingshot for the short period i had it,
the main trouble was that while you could access your camera quickly, there was scant space for anything else that wasn't photography related

I got a slingshot and it is still my most used travelling bag.
I have a waist pouch to compliment it.

Ryan

i have the slingshot 200aw, used to use the rezo 180 aw.

for carryin ard n easy access to cam, i find the 200aw a better choice.
i dun feel comfortable with another attached compartment for lens outside the bag, so i got a water bottle attachment bag from lowepro.
changing len might b a little tricky with the sling shot 200 aw.

i used the rezo 180aw, changin len for tis is much easily, but doesn't feel too comfortable to carry ard...

The only complain I have with my SS200 is that if I carry too heave stuff, my shoulder aches cos all the load is on one shoulder.

Best function is that you can rest yr elbow on the bag to support yr camera. Also good if you are in crowded plcae, you just sling the bag to the front to prevent yr bags being open from behind. I had since upgraded to a computrecker plus AW but I still keep my SS200 for light travel.

The only complain I have with my SS200 is that if I carry too heave stuff, my shoulder aches cos all the load is on one shoulder.

Best function is that you can rest yr elbow on the bag to support yr camera. Also good if you are in crowded plcae, you just sling the bag to the front to prevent yr bags being open from behind. I had since upgraded to a computrecker plus AW but I still keep my SS200 for light travel.

what a coincidence.. i went from the SS200 to the CompuTrekker (no Plus) too. i sold the SS200 less than a week after receiving it, didn't like the "pull you backwards" gravity effect, and the solo strap across your chest just doesn't feel comfortable, for me at least. lesson learnt - never buy bags via mail order without hands on. since you brought up the CompuTrekker, i find it very "fat". thats why its used for travelling as carry-on luggage instead of everyday use. but for serious photo excursions, its very handy for including a notebook, reading material and loads of accessories. sorry for the OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.