Any user of 18-200, 55-200 & 55-300

I guess TS still keep the 18-55 kit lens and just grab the 28-300 VR or either 70-300 if you want and anytime if you would to upgrade an anytime for let go the D5100 and kit too..

I believe the D600 FX Will be release on end of the year..

Last edited:
Thanks for these info. For my case, I just started DSLR in Feb and wont be upgrading to FX Cam too early or maybe not at all unless I'm a pro or want a gd cam wif gd lens tat can gv me superior IQ. What I'm doing now is searching fo7 a zoom lens for my D5100. Of course, a better 1 among the ones I stated above. Haa...turns out tat the hot fav is 70-300 which wasn't even shortlisted ! Any more recommendation ?;)

Regards & thanks.

Heee .... @TS:

Have you assessed on what style/gene of photography you want to take up first? Because after all this while, what i see from your reponses are more related to wanting a long zoom.

Trying to do multiple types/gene at one go does strain the wallet quite a fair bit. If budget is no issue, thats great.

Photography type/Gene ties in very closely with your lifestyle.

The 70-300mm is great for Animal portraits, Street portraits and Event portraits because of the reach and AF performance. If that is what you want and can do, then the 70-300mm is great for you, else you might see it sit in your cabinet more times than you would have thought. Do take note that "WANT" and "CAN" can and most of the time live in two different worlds.

Ability and available frequency to use needs to balance out with "interest" before looking at what to purchase.

Have a think about it.
:think:

Heee .... @TS:

Have you assessed on what style/gene of photography you want to take up first? Because after all this while, what i see from your reponses are more related to wanting a long zoom.

Trying to do multiple types/gene at one go does strain the wallet quite a fair bit. If budget is no issue, thats great.

Photography type/Gene ties in very closely with your lifestyle.

The 70-300mm is great for Animal portraits, Street portraits and Event portraits because of the reach and AF performance. If that is what you want and can do, then the 70-300mm is great for you, else you might see it sit in your cabinet more times than you would have thought. Do take note that "WANT" and "CAN" can and most of the time live in two different worlds.

Ability and available frequency to use needs to balance out with "interest" before looking at what to purchase.

Have a think about it.
:think:

That's it ! U got it ! Haa...Ok 70-300 will be my choice for now. But as a Kia su person, I shd rent & test it 1st. Heng ah, else hv to rent all and test and these add up to a `certain' amount loh...:bsmilie: