Any under $500 19" LCD monitor to recommend fo PS work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

volk

Jan 20, 2002
West, Singapore
Visit site
Anyone got one to recommend?

I need to get one soon as my 15" Philips is dying.

Heard LG and Viewsonic are good. Which model?

Thank you

I'm using a samsung 940b. So far so good. no dead pixel at all.(almost a year now)
but before you buy one, check about contrast ratio of your lcd. e.g 500:1, 800:1, etc... the greater the number, the better colours you will get from the lcd.

LG L1950SQ.......very basic 19" LCD.......analog input only using 15 pin D-sub......8ms response time....price is abt 409 to 403...... currently using one in my office for 3D cad modelling work......:thumbsup:

Thanks.

Currently I am already using dvi for my 15" would like to stick with it.

Search thru hardwarezone forum, people were saying BenQ, Dell etc

samsung synchmaster 940B got dvi

Why do you guys prefer DVI? I find it very inflexible as I have no control on the contrast settings... :(

dun think can wait till end Aug.

Now no monitor, cannot finished up my photography project.....

The viewsonic wide screen in the sticky looks good...but it is beyond my budget...

Anyone using a Dell LCD? Does Dell produce their own lcd panels?

volk said:
dun think can wait till end Aug.

Now no monitor, cannot finished up my photography project.....

The viewsonic wide screen in the sticky looks good...but it is beyond my budget...

Anyone using a Dell LCD? Does Dell produce their own lcd panels?

yup,dell do have their own lcd as well.. SOme may have 2 usb ports which is quite convenient too.

Went to SLS today...almost wanted to buy the Viewsonic VX2025W, but later a guy told me to wait for 2 more weeks to see the new LG wide screen that is 2000:1 contrast ratio.

Think it is the L204WT

Ya.

I almost wanted to get the 19 inch LG, the chio chio with the lamp beneath the screen one. But not large enuff, don't match. Also waiting for the widescreen.

mmk said:
Why do you guys prefer DVI? I find it very inflexible as I have no control on the contrast settings... :(
DVI transmits the signal from the graphics card to the monitor in a digital format, unlike D-sub, which is converted to analog for the cable and then re-digitized by the LCD monitor...because there is no format conversion in DVI, we get a sharper image from DVI than D-Sub, which has a softer output...:)

lgpromo14075ua.jpg

image link courtesy of HWZ's member.

i'm not LG's fan, just giving some info. and i'm not sure how they come out with 2000:1 contrast ratio--reminds me of the >10000:1 contrast ratio on plasma...but the zero bad pixel guarantee is attractive though and the L1940PQc claim to have true 8bit panel...

chouk said:
yup,dell do have their own lcd as well.. SOme may have 2 usb ports which is quite convenient too.
as far as I know, Dell, Viewsonic and Apple do not produce their own LCD panels...companies like Philips, LG, Samsung do produce their own panels...

volk said:
Went to SLS today...almost wanted to buy the Viewsonic VX2025W, but later a guy told me to wait for 2 more weeks to see the new LG wide screen that is 2000:1 contrast ratio.

Think it is the L204WT

me also waiting for this, after my thread at http://www.clubsnap.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2329279#post2329279

1. LG's flatron slim L1970HR going at $559 already available at SLS

contrast ratio 2000:1
Resolution 1280 x 1024
Brightness 300 cd/㎡
Viewing Angle 160/160(H/V)
Response Time 2ms
Display Colors 16.2M
PC 15 Pin D-sub, DVI-D
Stand Tilt(+0/-157), Height(Dual Hinge)

2. ViewSonic VX2025W Black
1680x1050 pixels
contrast ratio 800:1
i think price is $659 on poster but seen none in SLS

3. another is not yet on the market
LG L204WT
1680 x 1050 pixels too
but contrast ratio is 2000:1(DFC)
listed price in cnet is S$599
think this is better buy

why would you want LCD for photoshop work?
I'd suggest you should consider CRT monitors.

but if you really want LCD 19"..the good news is that you can get most of the 19" under 500 bucks now! :D

waiaung said:
why would you want LCD for photoshop work?
I'd suggest you should consider CRT monitors.

but if you really want LCD 19"..the good news is that you can get most of the 19" under 500 bucks now! :D
CRT still rules! but a LCD as a 2nd screen for all the tools and palettes is nice too.. hehx

Status
Not open for further replies.