Any tripod to fit my requirements?

arikyeo

Deregistered
Oct 23, 2010
Planet Earth
Hi, I need a tripod which is below 20cm when retracted, and can extend up to 1m+. I know this is bizzare, but I have a not-so-big camera bag, and it isn't a good idea for me to buy a new bag or carry it on my hand... Any suggestions? Have tried googling but none that can fit my requirements...

I just got a Sirui N1004 tripod... from your 2 requirements... this fits...

Sirui N-1004
• Aluminium Alloy body.
• 2 in 1 design,One leg can be released and used as a Monopod.
• Folded size:44cm
• Min operating H.:16cm
• Max operating H.:156cm
• Net weight:1.2kgs
• Loading capability:12kgs
• Max Tube:25mm diameter
• 4-section

Hi, I need a tripod which is below 20cm when retracted, and can extend up to 1m+. I know this is bizzare, but I have a not-so-big camera bag, and it isn't a good idea for me to buy a new bag or carry it on my hand... Any suggestions? Have tried googling but none that can fit my requirements...

Is there even 1?:confused:

got.. he bought over Sirui and made himself one.

Precisely. TS i hope you're not looking at the situation like fitting a bicycle with 10 people.

Is there even 1?:confused:

LOL, very funny... :what: No, I'm not fitting a bicycle with 10 people:sticktong, I just want a tripod that can fit inside or can strap onto my Canon Messenger Mini... You know, those kind of bags Canon give away for free. But I don't want to carry around on my hand all the time... Makes the tripod look more like some kind of cane :)

I just got a Sirui N1004 tripod... from your 2 requirements... this fits...

Sirui N-1004
• Aluminium Alloy body.
• 2 in 1 design,One leg can be released and used as a Monopod.
• Folded size:44cm
• Min operating H.:16cm
• Max operating H.:156cm
• Net weight:1.2kgs
• Loading capability:12kgs
• Max Tube:25mm diameter
• 4-section
Sorry, not what I'm looking for... Thanks anyway :cool:

Top priority is that it can fit into my bag, and I don't want a minipod or a gorillapod, and it can extend to 1m...

Got,

You go manufacture yourself lor.

People already said no such tripod liao, you still dun understand

bicycle can carry 10 person means there is no such bicycle aka no such tripod exist.....

Seriously TS,if you want it <20cm when folded,it has got to be a 6 or 7 section tripod.And i haven't even seen 1 before...

Got,

You go manufacture yourself lor.

People already said no such tripod liao, you still dun understand

bicycle can carry 10 person means there is no such bicycle aka no such tripod exist.....
Kk... Thanks for your contributions......

1 last qn: What's the full sized tripod with the smallest retracted length have you ever seen? I wanna buy one...

1 last qn: What's the full sized tripod with the smallest retracted length have you ever seen? I wanna buy one...

Benro travel angel series

smallest is about 35 cm. Marketed as traveller tripod.

Benro travel angel series. Gitzo 1 series. Sirui travel series

smallest is about 35 cm. Marketed as traveller tripod.

Benro travel angel series. Gitzo 1 series. Sirui travel series
Looks like I will have to carry the tripod using the tripod bag liao... :(

Thks anyways...

TS, this is just a suggestion but how about clipping the tripod to the outside of ur bag as opposed to putting it in.
Like using the clips that hold the flap down to clip the tripod on. This will allow for a slightly larger tripod as compared to ur requirements.:D

Hi, I need a tripod which is below 20cm when retracted, and can extend up to 1m+. ...

Haha :thumbsup: I always enjoyed your posts ;)

If there is such a tripod I think it will be cheaper for you to get a bigger bag cheers .

Yes TS, someone made a tripod similar to what you were wishing for. It is called a Tamrac zipshot.

[vid]DxbJU1SopGk[/vid]

TS, this is just a suggestion but how about clipping the tripod to the outside of ur bag as opposed to putting it in.
Like using the clips that hold the flap down to clip the tripod on. This will allow for a slightly larger tripod as compared to ur requirements.:D
Gd idea :D but I won't know how it feels like to hold an overly wide bag until I try out... currently have an oversized tripod.

Haha :thumbsup: I always enjoyed your posts ;)

If there is such a tripod I think it will be cheaper for you to get a bigger bag cheers .
Lol, thanks :cool:

I usually just carry around my 400d body with a 50mm f1.4 prime, so my current bag is already overkill :eek: