Any TP in the house ? ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhV

Jun 10, 2004
Northland
does any1 has any 'insider news' on KPE ? .. other than the new BUANGKOK DRIVE entry/exit

my question ..... why the ****** is every1 driving faster than 70km/ hr along the KPE these few weeks without the speed cameras flashing ? Has the speed limit been revised ? or the cameras have fungus or sth :sticktong ? .... sent in for maintenance/ cleaning ? ;)

I am NOT a speed demon :angel: BUT...every1 is driving past me and disappearing into the distance ..... should I join in ? drive a lil 'faster' ? :think:

I know BRO RAZOR tio-ed summon during the early launch of the KPE

enlighten me ? .. I am darn curious

Hi AhV

http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story/A1Story20071102-33928.html

Based on this article, the cameras are all 24/7 digital cameras on "highly accurate digital laser cameras" I believe it is high iso capable. The threshold speed is up to 80km/h. But that is if your vehicle tires spec falls within the factory standard (ie assuming you did not change the rim and tire to oversized ones. The larger the overall tire size, the slower your odometer will read and the higher chance of getting a ticket without knowing).

According to the article below, it explains the danger of speeding in the tunnel. I strongly advise against speeding in any tunnel as it really is dangerous to the driver, other road users and the rescuers when there is an emergency situation
http://onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/on_the_roads/road_projects/kallang_paya_lebar0.html

And lastly, I am not a TP:bsmilie: but i believe the abpve links are credible and not from forums or blogs speculations.

no worries ... I am NOT encouraging SPEEDING :bsmilie:

its just a mind boggling observation lately ..... I ve seen the cameras in ACTION .... they took a nice portrait for a BMW who drove past me just a couple of months back :devil:

BUT.... BUT.. BUT... these few weeks .... the cameras arent working ? NO FLASHES .... unless they upgraded to "HIGH ISO cameras" ... damn must be one of those 3X-es or D2-es ... :sticktong

Well, the best people to trail are usually taxi drivers. If you observe carefully, they know when to accelerate and when to slow in kpe. But their speed are usually hoovering at 80km/h and they are running on stock tires. There is an odometer grace and hence probably why they allowed up to 80 though the stipulated speed is 70. But again, each vehicle can differ slightly where speed is concerned. So, just enjoy the cruise.

Many people around me are getting summon warnings in past few weeks. They are stepping up indeed, but we are all shocked to see only a warning note and not a summon. Maybe its election time.:devil:

Along nicole today, i nearly tio zapped. Was hoovering at 80+90 and i sensed something ahead. Slowed down to 75 before bridge and saw a black thing. haha, i caught him before he caught me....i hope:sweat:

no worries ... I am NOT encouraging SPEEDING :bsmilie:

its just a mind boggling observation lately ..... I ve seen the cameras in ACTION .... they took a nice portrait for a BMW who drove past me just a couple of months back :devil:

BUT.... BUT.. BUT... these few weeks .... the cameras arent working ? NO FLASHES .... unless they upgraded to "HIGH ISO cameras" ... damn must be one of those 3X-es or D2-es ... :sticktong

http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/Drivers/Story/A1Story20090526-143956.html

I quote

He dashes through KPE tunnel at over 100km/h
blank.gif
A driver films himself speeding at 100km/h in the Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE) tunnel and posts the footage online, flaunting his misdeed.
The video, titled "100kmh in Singapore KPE, end to end in 6 minutes" was posted last Thursday on video-sharing website Youtube. As suggested by the title, it is about six minutes long, and also shows the driver avoiding the speed cameras inside the tunnel, reported Lianhe Wanbao.
The footage showed that upon entering the KPE tunnel, the car speed hovered mainly between 94km/h and 110km/h - and once hit 113km/h. The driver also weaved among the traffic, switching from lane 1 to lane 3 to avoid slower vehicles.

WATCH VIDEO - Video: He dashes through KPE tunnel at over 100km/h

On three occasions, he slows down to the tunnel speed limit of 70km/h to clear the speed cameras.
Only the driver's left hand is on the steering wheel throughout the jerky footage, which suggests he used his right hand to hold the camera to film the incident.
Motorists are advised to strictly adhere to the prescribed road speed limit of 70km/h. Offenders found exceeding the speed limits will be given demerit points ranging from four to 24 points.

Unquote

why would you want to go faster than the recommended speed anyway? it is set as a standard because it is assumed that the majority of vehicle drivers would adhere to it, and for the other percentiles that don't, they've got cameras there to make sure a tidy sum can be earned from you.

not only is it a good way to save money by not speeding, it is also socially irresponsible if you want to speed "just because you see people speeding." that's the same argument that people have for committing crime, just because I saw Bob doing it. however, it doesn't make it any more legal.

seriously, coming from a health professional who has had to deal with accidents due to reckless driving and speeding, seriously... DON'T SPEED.

How to recognise between a normal camera and a speed camera anyway?

if you're not travelling faster than the other, plz keep to the middle lane and leave the right
most lane for overtaking and those that know where the camera is. :)

thank you.

Just my thoughts: Speed does not kill. It's the difference in speed that does.

http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/Drivers/Story/A1Story20090526-143956.html

I quote

He dashes through KPE tunnel at over 100km/h
blank.gif
A driver films himself speeding at 100km/h in the Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE) tunnel and posts the footage online, flaunting his misdeed.
The video, titled "100kmh in Singapore KPE, end to end in 6 minutes" was posted last Thursday on video-sharing website Youtube. As suggested by the title, it is about six minutes long, and also shows the driver avoiding the speed cameras inside the tunnel, reported Lianhe Wanbao.
The footage showed that upon entering the KPE tunnel, the car speed hovered mainly between 94km/h and 110km/h - and once hit 113km/h. The driver also weaved among the traffic, switching from lane 1 to lane 3 to avoid slower vehicles.

WATCH VIDEO - Video: He dashes through KPE tunnel at over 100km/h

On three occasions, he slows down to the tunnel speed limit of 70km/h to clear the speed cameras.
Only the driver's left hand is on the steering wheel throughout the jerky footage, which suggests he used his right hand to hold the camera to film the incident.
Motorists are advised to strictly adhere to the prescribed road speed limit of 70km/h. Offenders found exceeding the speed limits will be given demerit points ranging from four to 24 points.

Unquote
that guy can afford a porsche..he knows he can afford the fine too

that was my exact thots ! wats a fine when he can afford a porche

Status
Not open for further replies.