Any suggestions on the best places to shoot BUGS/INSECTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Dear All,

I want to try some macro shooting of bugs/insects, but don't know where are the best places to do this. I saw some guys here got very nice shots, especially guys like megaweb (really like your shots btw ;) ) .

Went to botanic garden a couple of times but couldn't get any good shot so far. Guess I was not patient enough.

Anyway, do you guys have any suggestions on places to do macro shooting of some bugs? And what's the best time to do this?

Your info will be very appreciated.

BTW, here are some shots I had so far:

Pic28_small.jpg

12952IMGP6232.jpg

12952IMGP6022.jpg

Thanks and cheers!

Thread moved to proper Category :)

Try the following places:
- Botanic Gardens ( Marsh Gardens & Planthouse )
- Alexandra Hospital Butterfly Trail
- Zoo
- Nearby park

If you have good observation, you can spot these insects easily at most places like grass area

Best timing is when the sun is not hash, like in the morning or overcast weather

megaweb said:
Thread moved to proper Category :)

Try the following places:
- Botanic Gardens ( Marsh Gardens & Planthouse )
- Alexandra Hospital Butterfly Trail
- Zoo
- Nearby park

If you have good observation, you can spot these insects easily at most places like grass area

Best timing is when the sun is not hash, like in the morning or overcast weather

Thanks. I knew you could help out ;)

I live in BT Gombak. There are a couple of parks around but all are small mountains (Bukits) . I've got bitten up by mosquitoes when searching for bugs there :angry:

Will try my luck again at BG this weekend, if nothing else to shoot at :D

I can highly recommend AH butterfly trail not just for the butterflies, good number of patient bugs as well.

2 pictures from AH

bug01.jpg

AH_bfly06.jpg

Tzuen said:
I can highly recommend AH butterfly trail not just for the butterflies, good number of patient bugs as well.

2 pictures from AH

bug01.jpg

AH_bfly06.jpg

Nice shots :thumbsup: Guess I'll give AH butterfly trail a try too. Used to live around there, but now ... quite far :(

How to get there btw?

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.