any suggestion on which Nikon Micro, third party lenses?

eys123

Nov 16, 2012
Bedok
Any suggestion for a af-d lens for micro/macro with zoom

There is the old Nikon micro-Nikkor AF 70-180mm f/4.5-5.6D ED lens. That's a zoom.

but im not use to not using zoom lenses, and not interested in prime

Most macro lenses are primes. Good luck locating a zoom macro. Wish you all the best.

Last edited:
thanks, but are there 3rd party zoom macro?

there are zoom lenses that have a macro function
but the magnification ratio is not as great as prime macro lenses

why do you need zoom?
you need higher magnification just go closer, don't be shy
just select the angle of view that you like to get the focal length that is best for you.

the longer the focal length the lesser the DOF
the lesser the focal length the greater the DOF

the focal length also determines the angle of view, which in turns affect how much background you have in your composition.

Last edited:
tamron 90mm/f2.8 lor. cheap, good and can double up as a portrait lens.

i still remember a couple of years ago, someone in CS sold the 70-180mm lens for SGD600-ish... dunno if he/she realise the same lens is going for USD600-ish (that time, USD is about 1 to SGD1.7).... the fella who bought that lens should be laughing all the way to the bank.

there are zoom lenses that have a macro function
but the magnification ratio is not as great as prime macro lenses

why do you need zoom?
you need higher magnification just go closer, don't be shy
just select the angle of view that you like to get the focal length that is best for you.

the longer the focal length the lesser the DOF
the lesser the focal length the greater the DOF

the focal length also determines the angle of view, which in turns affect how much background you have in your composition.

i scared they attack me xD! thats why i need a zoom

hmm okay, now mostly all macros are primes but for those zoom need to put stepup ring or an extention tube, BTW are there any lenses that use the screw mechanism

i scared they attack me xD! thats why i need a zoom

hmm okay, now mostly all macros are primes but for those zoom need to put stepup ring or an extention tube, BTW are there any lenses that use the screw mechanism

You can try Raynox 250, or close up diopters. Raynox is still the better one among the front attachment type of convertors.

i still remember a couple of years ago, someone in CS sold the 70-180mm lens for SGD600-ish... dunno if he/she realise the same lens is going for USD600-ish (that time, USD is about 1 to SGD1.7).... the fella who bought that lens should be laughing all the way to the bank.

Yes the tamron 90 2.8 is s good one. AF is a bit sluggish but once locked on it delivers superb results. Value for money.

There's s VC version coming up soon. I bet it will be a killer lens.

thanks for the suggestion.

LOL!! wow! thats cheap should have join photography few years back and get this offer lol!! that person who bought it is very lucky

Yes the tamron 90 2.8 is s good one. AF is a bit sluggish but once locked on it delivers superb results. Value for money.

There's s VC version coming up soon. I bet it will be a killer lens.

the new upcoming tamron 90mm is like more expensive than the nikon 105mm or the same price