any suggestion on which Nikon Micro, third party lenses?

the new upcoming tamron 90mm is like more expensive than the nikon 105mm or the same price

Oic. Not sure about the pricing lol. If pricing is same as 105 micro I will go for the latter.

Otherwise u can easily pickup a pre owned current version for 350-ish.

Oic. Not sure about the pricing lol. If pricing is same as 105 micro I will go for the latter.

Otherwise u can easily pickup a pre owned current version for 350-ish.

okay need to do more research about it

You can try Raynox 250, or close up diopters. Raynox is still the better one among the front attachment type of convertors.

if i wanna get one of it where can i find it and the pricing is?

Try postin a WTB for the 70-180 micro in B/S in CS la.

Im sure there're CSers who mite be willing to sell, but im nt one of them.

Tis lens is a beauty and it works v well wif d800e.

You shud prob be looking to pay arnd s$1.5k to 1.7k.

I got mine in pristine condition frm CS B/S.

For 3rd party, I love my Sigma 150 f2.5

I think if you want good stuff, you gotta be willing to pay for it.

If you cannot afford it, then you may have to reconsider your reasons for certain features that you demand for.

I don't know why you insist on a zoom macro lens, but as you have mentioned, they are rare and aren't cheap.

There are some excellent dedicated prime macro lenses that are significantly cheaper, and will probably work just as well, if not better, than the 70-180mm.

Otherwise, you can go for the lenses with some mild macro function, such as the Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG Macro. Note that these aren't dedicated macro lenses at all, and the reproduction ratio is hardly impressive.

Bought mine through the clubsnap a couple of years back, think it was priced around the 1.6k mark (600 would have been even better). The 70-180 gives only 1:2 I think macro, you could also consider the 55mm AIS / 60 AFD / etc or the 105mm AI / AFD / etc or of course the 200mm AIS AFD etc...

tamron 90mm/f2.8 lor. cheap, good and can double up as a portrait lens.

i still remember a couple of years ago, someone in CS sold the 70-180mm lens for SGD600-ish... dunno if he/she realise the same lens is going for USD600-ish (that time, USD is about 1 to SGD1.7).... the fella who bought that lens should be laughing all the way to the bank.

I took over a manual lens from some1, 35-105 3.5-5.6f micro.
I hope u don have the conception tt by using a zoom lens with macro, means the moment u turn on the macro function, u can get a close up shot of the subject standing 1 meter away. Its jus not how things work. if u switch to the macro function u'll still have to go very close to the subject depend on the maximum work distance. Think its max distance 30cm and minimum of 15cm (not too sure)
As others have mention, raynox is a good alternative close up filter.

I took over a manual lens from some1, 35-105 3.5-5.6f micro.
I hope u don have the conception tt by using a zoom lens with macro, means the moment u turn on the macro function, u can get a close up shot of the subject standing 1 meter away. Its jus not how things work. if u switch to the macro function u'll still have to go very close to the subject depend on the maximum work distance. Think its max distance 30cm and minimum of 15cm (not too sure)
As others have mention, raynox is a good alternative close up filter.

hmm,nope i wanna get the zoom macro because its more versatile, i have tried my friends "swiss army knife" its external focus and i tried super close and im afraid of the lens external focusing touch the insect.

eys123 said:
hmm,nope i wanna get the zoom macro because its more versatile, i have tried my friends "swiss army knife" its external focus and i tried super close and im afraid of the lens external focusing touch the insect.

What you are referring to is known as working distance to achieve 1:1 reproduction ratio. There are plenty of lenses that can achieve that without coming close to the subject. Daredevil123's suggestion of the 200mm f/4 macro is a fine example.

Bought mine through the clubsnap a couple of years back, think it was priced around the 1.6k mark (600 would have been even better). The 70-180 gives only 1:2 I think macro, you could also consider the 55mm AIS / 60 AFD / etc or the 105mm AI / AFD / etc or of course the 200mm AIS AFD etc...

okay thanks for the suggestion hmm, im thinking of the new Tamron 90mm, not sure about its last ability

What you are referring to is known as working distance to achieve 1:1 reproduction ratio. There are plenty of lenses that can achieve that without coming close to the subject. Daredevil123's suggestion of the 200mm f/4 macro is a fine example.

okay. i try go find a 200mm and try it