Any Stuffs To Buy In Hawaii?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed1975

May 9, 2006
Hi Guys... I'm going hawaii for conference at the end of the year... So was wondering anything worth buy over there? Any bros went there before care to share their experince? Good place to visit? Eat? Or drool at babes? Most important, good locations to take gd pixs... Hopefully can get 2 see sunrise or sunset...:)

Ed1975 said:
Hi Guys... I'm going hawaii for conference at the end of the year... So was wondering anything worth buy over there? Any bros went there before care to share their experince? Good place to visit? Eat? Or drool at babes? Most important, good locations to take gd pixs... Hopefully can get 2 see sunrise or sunset...:)

do a search.. i told wolfgang what to do in hawaii, kinda lazy to type it all out again... maybe later:dunno:

grass skirts? :bsmilie:

jus go eat lar, d food there is tops. especially there local fruits. there papaya is whoah! yummie, ;p !

its not a shopping paradise, but its frequented by japanese. so dun b surprised if Americans speak in japanese language 2 u! :cool:

Ed1975 said:

Hhahaha.. which Island are you going to? Oahu? :)

Wolfgang said:
Hhahaha.. which Island are you going to? Oahu? :)

Yup... How much u paid for the tickets?

Ed1975 said:
Yup... How much u paid for the tickets?

Well, thankfully, I was paid to go there to do a wedding shoot.. so that was covered. ;) The air ticket from NWA cost abt $1290 if memory serves me correctly...

Virgo said:
If Hawaiian Host is cheap there, grab them! If you like chocolate that is.

Well guess u r a chocolate lover then... HeHe... Will try to keep a look out... Thanks...

Wolfgang said:
Well, thankfully, I was paid to go there to do a wedding shoot.. so that was covered. ;) The air ticket from NWA cost abt $1290 if memory serves me correctly...

Wah... So good ah...

1. Take the one day grand island tour...well worth it :thumbsup: Die die must try the pineapple ice cream if you visit Dole :)

2. Don't forget your swimsuite and sandals...what else can you do in Waikiki beach? Babe watching yeah!!!

3. Waikiki Beach has the best sunset view...get ready with your gear and power zoom......again plenty of bikini babes if you are lucky :D

4. Go to North shore for the the annual surfing competition somewhere in November if I am not mistaken :lovegrin:

5. Go to premier outlet for shopping..shop till you drops.... But I prefer to shop at Ala Mona :sweatsm:

Ed1975 said:
Well guess u r a chocolate lover then... HeHe... Will try to keep a look out... Thanks...

hawaiian host retails for about $1.50 usd at costco or walmart in hawaii... i heard in singapore its $15sgd.

there are many beaches to go visit... waikiki being the worst.

i suggest rent a car and drive along the coast.

Thanks guys for ur infos... Then wat abt restaurants? Pubs? Or fast food place worth visiting? Btw... I'm staying in Hyatt, was told abt 25 mins from the airport... N i tink the shuttle cost abt USD$20 over...

Ed1975 said:
Thanks guys for ur infos... Then wat abt restaurants? Pubs? Or fast food place worth visiting? Btw... I'm staying in Hyatt, was told abt 25 mins from the airport... N i tink the shuttle cost abt USD$20 over...

Trust Tinity. He knows what he's talking about. :)

Anyhow, I do agree with Trinity. Waikiki is just Waikiki. If you truly want to viist beaches, just drive along North Shore. Visit Ko'olina for the sunset view. Go snorkelling at Hanauma Bay, which is an extinct volcano crater. It was my first time snorkelling together with 2 giant turtle side by side... :)

You'll have a sunet just like this waiting for you... And a beach like this waiting to embrace you. :)

Picture_026ed.sized.jpg
Picture_154ed.sized.jpg

If you can, rent a car and explore. Driving around isn't as hard as it looks. :)

Try Romy's Shrimp by the road side along the eastern shore, near the Polynesia Cultural Centre.

Go stroll along Ala Mona Blvd, which is their version of Orchard rd.

Go see fireworks every Friday night at abt 730pm or 8 pm at Waikiki Beach.

Go rainbow spotting.

Go Hiking. Enjoy the view....
Picture_069ed2.sized.jpg

Picture_097ed.sized.jpg

Snorkel at Hanauma Bay.

Go shopping at the Factory Outlet where designer goods such as Adidas, Armani, Levis etc are reasonable priced.

Visit Ko'Olina on the western shore to stroll along the beach...

Picture_038ed.sized.jpg

Or just to enjoy the beauty of a Hawaiian Sunset...

Picture_092ed.sized.jpg

I hope you have fun.

If you have time, get out of Oahu...too touristy and over-priced.
Fly to the Big island or maui - fantastic place.

If you are not leaving Oahu then rent a car, drive up to Pali lookout, Punch Bowl, Pearl Harbor, Waikiki is too pricey, golfing under the shadow of Diamond head is quite cool.
Most of the things in Hawaii is not cheap as lots of stuff has to be flown in from the Mainland USA.

If you look very Japanese, they are going to ketuk you.:(
Overall, its great place to go, enjoy the sunsets and sunrises - you'll luv it.

Alrite buddies.... Will print out all this and bring along for my trip... Thanks for all ur helpful advices...

Status
Not open for further replies.