Any Solution???

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin-ang

Sep 11, 2011
sengkang
Gd afternoon all Cs member pardon me for my poor english..
Any solution or idea for clean mine 50mm f1.4 just bought 2month ago still with warranty but the problem i face now is very funny problem...i found a dead ant in my 50mm f1.4 inside at 1st i think it was die in the rear or front but after i see it carefully the ant is dead in inside of the glass....
this is the 1st time i face this problem any solution to take it out? or go to canon service center? but did thr charge me :confused:
thx..

take it to CSC, however cleaning is not covered under warranty.

:( that is sad stupid ant dead inside my lens....thx alot..haiz

Blower to blow it out?:think:

if you are bothered by the dead ant, go bury the lens. let the dead ant rest in peace.

otherwise, just bring it to the service center, and make a plea to them, but do it without being nasty or violent. i'm sure they are people too like you and i.

cheers!

dingaroo said:
if you are bothered by the dead ant, go bury the lens. let the dead ant rest in peace.

otherwise, just bring it to the service center, and make a plea to them, but do it without being nasty or violent. i'm sure they are people too like you and i.

cheers!

Bro really wana burn it? At 1st I think wan donate it haha...I just now got help the ant do ceremony R.I.P d those bro come along 50mm 1.8 and cousin sigma 18-250 f3-6.3 thr pray for it haha I also follow u crazy d...

Tomorrow will going to CSC hope god bless me thr do charity don't charge me if not I m going throw mine 50mm 1.4 to thr face haha...

Bro really wana burn it? At 1st I think wan donate it haha...I just now got help the ant do ceremony R.I.P d those bro come along 50mm 1.8 and cousin sigma 18-250 f3-6.3 thr pray for it haha I also follow u crazy d...

Tomorrow will going to CSC hope god bless me thr do charity don't charge me if not I m going throw mine 50mm 1.4 to thr face haha...

Haha you can always donate to me :) I will help you remove the ant. Lol

front element shd be able to be removed quite easily...

If the lens is covered under warranty, better bring it back to CSC for servicing. Never try to dismantle the lenses no matter how easy it is if it was under warranty or risk having that warranty voided.

Just curious though... where did TS keep his/her lens? How come an ant can crawl in and die inside? Better be on a lookup... maybe sooner or later an entire nest of ants are going to be inside :D

Last edited:
I'm not sure, but perhaps improper re-installation could affect lens performance.

TS can try to PM fatigue here?

Thanks Edutilos :)

True for some lens, but for this lens, dismantling is from back to front
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/canon/475106-canon-ef-50mm-f1-4-disassembly-procedure.html

If the lens is covered under warranty, better bring it back to CSC for servicing. Never try to dismantle the lenses no matter how easy it is if it was under warranty or risk having that warranty voided.

Just curious though... where did TS keep his/her lens? How come an ant can crawl in and die inside? Better be on a lookup... maybe sooner or later an entire nest of ants are going to be inside :D

Agree, better send it to CSC if under warranty.

I think get it to CSC to blow it out is better. they should clean it since it is still under warranty.

Csboi said:
Haha you can always donate to me :) I will help you remove the ant. Lol

Sure can donate to u pls wait long long haha

farbird said:

I no dare to own fix it scared total lost it haha

rhino123 said:

Bro I also don know what happen the ant will crow till inside of my lens haha...all those lens is keep on the dry cabinet but only this 50mm inside got ant damm of it...

edutilos- said:
I'm not sure, but perhaps improper re-installation could affect lens performance.

TS can try to PM fatigue here?

Thx but I on the going to CSC to try check it out with them see how..

HighTone said:
I think get it to CSC to blow it out is better. they should clean it since it is still under warranty.

Thx I on the way going to CSC now try for the luck hope thr can help me blow out ><

Last edited:
Thx to all Cs member the ant was blow out from CSC without charge haha close thread

Status
Not open for further replies.