Any Singles above 35 still out there in CS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benign

Jan 30, 2004
Melbourne
gallery127599.fotopic.net
I know it is boliao......but couldn't help it!

I am dead bored today...... looking at my situation: being 36 years old, single and on a long holiday or break.

Anyone out there like me? Or am I the last ones left on the shelves in CS?

Just want to know how would you spend the rest of your life if you do end up being single........ :embrass:

Please be constructive..... especially the young punks :sweat:

Benign said:

I am dead bored today...... looking at my situation: being 36 years old, single and on a long holiday or break.

Just want to know how would you spend the rest of your life if you do end up being single........ :embrass:

me dunno si young punk anot... but den, i suggest if u think you are wasting resources.. then end your life lor... if not, den enjoy lor... wats so hard?

if i say these, i might get flamed til no tomorrow, and ppl will think i am arrogant... but here goes...

lets say u see a beggar on the road, wats your reaction... for me, i think... its just wasting of resources... y dun they maybe go donate their organs or something, or do something meaningful with their lives... maybe they got disability... but those blind, crippled, going around selling tissues can do it, y can't they? even the rest like performing or singing, ain't begging imho.. they are doing a service...

so which side are you on?

When I was 36, I almost lost everything I had, (stock crash, currency crisis, lost the job overseas and was sent home penniless), time was tough, no money, no friends, no photoshoots, bite my teeth and hang on, now I got back those things I lost, and much more...

if i say these, i might get flamed til no tomorrow, and ppl will think i am arrogant... but here goes...

It is ok laa....I am bloody bored anyway.
Some more knowing you this long liao......don't expect much roadside assist either :sticktong

What I was asking is are there anyone else like me left out there in CS. If so, how the person concerned spent or rather cope with his spare time........Personally, it is no easy matter. There are times when one felt extremely lonely and aimless. Maybe it is just me........... :faint:

Not everyone is as blessed as you are, found that special someone at a young age....... :bsmilie:

there are no karaoke in melbourne??

Err, the last time I went....the place ended up in a brawl :cry:

Seriously, I dunno it happened to you pple before..........I just felt nothing interest me much. Being to spas, pubs and even Daily Planet :embrass:
Sadly, wasn't tat focus lor.

Don't tell me, I am having mid-life crisis hor. Coz I don't have a clue..........

Think I need to live very dangerously soon....... :devil:

Actually... being single is not really a bad thing really. Because:
1. No family to bring up and worry about... children can be a big headache
2. Freedom to do whatever you want... wanna travel? Go ahead... wanna take a sabbatical... no problems!
3. You can do things that u're interested in... like PHOTOGRAPHY! when you're married.. sometimes difficult to balance family with work.. AND interest
4. Heartache and heartbreak when kids are in their teenage years...
5. When ur kids are growing up.. travelling is 2x the cost
6. No adventure trips.. when kids tag along...
7. Shopping can be a harrowing experience...

So actually... its GREAT TO BE SINGLE.. you just need more fellow friends who are singles too... so that its not so lonely... haha...

And to tell ya the truth, me single too.. and i'm rather okie with it... =)

Benign said:

I am not young punks but a 20 yrs old brain trap in a 50 yrs old body.
Just dont want to get tie with family that all and I like all the fun I now enjoying. :lovegrin: :thumbsup:

Aiya, 36 only still can get date lah. Go party more mah.

hey ah kor, try doing smthg interesting in ur life, like volunteering work, setting up a foundation for less fortunate in 3rd world countries, etc etc.... the former is smthg I'm doing now and latter is smthg I'm looking forward to do when going old (if I'm going to be single).

There is nothing more fulfilling in life to contribute to the pple in need ard you ;p since I dont have much $$$, time and effort is smthg that I can contribute.

longkangman said:
I am not young punks but a 20 yrs old brain trap in a 50 yrs old body.
Just dont want to get tie with family that all and I like all the fun I now enjoying. :lovegrin: :thumbsup:

Aiya, 36 only still can get date lah. Go party more mah.

perhaps in 4 years time he can act as the 40 year old virgin part 2.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

天生我才必有用 ;) ;)

35!! You're still a spring chicken! Wait till you 60 then say. :bsmilie:

hey ah kor, try doing smthg interesting in ur life, like volunteering work, setting up a foundation for less fortunate in 3rd world countries, etc etc.... the former is smthg I'm doing now and latter is smthg I'm looking forward to do when going old (if I'm going to be single).

There is nothing more fulfilling in life to contribute to the pple in need ard you since I dont have much $$$, time and effort is smthg that I can contribute.

Thanks for the tip. I think I will donate my sperm for childless couple from tomorrow onward.

Honestly, it is very noble of you doing charities for other less fortunate fellow human beings. :thumbsup:

What I wanted to know is.....how do you cope for those spontanous boredom, loneliness lor. I used to read, smoke, drink and exercised to sleep.
But you can't just out of the blue decide to walk an old lady cross the road u know*some more in the midst of night*...... :rolleyes:

I guess the best for me now is to lurk around CS and wait to flame or be flame lor :flame:

35!! You're still a spring chicken! Wait till you 60 then say.

U late bloomer? :sweatsm:

天生我才必有用

Thanks Ola..... but don't try to talk me into posing for artistic nudes hor. :bsmilie:

BORED LAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I was out today and it was a bad day.... BUT I met a waiter who said, "Take it easy man! Things will work out alrite!"

It turned out tobe a nice day in the end.

Yeah, dont get in the rut too long.

Anyway, getting hitched isn't all rosy either. Look at it this way, you have lots of freedom. Think you have lots of places to explore down under. Who knows.... you might just meet a nice person while travelling. Just get out and do things you enjoy... say photography? Be friendly and the whole world will be your friend...
;)

Try to be involved in a community or a group to help those less fortunate around you. Life is great when you give to others what money cannot buy - your love and your time to others. Share your life with others. This is what happens in marriage too, when you give your love and time to your other half.

The same goes for married couples too, but of course, it becomes more difficult to share time and love with others when you have your other half and children to share it amongst with.

Life is short. Use it to the fullest. Today is Good Fri. Also a good time to reflect the love and time Jesus spent with his disciples during his brief ministry on earth. :)

Guys, I really appreciate the support and advise you shown.

I guess at the end of the day, it all boiled down to the old saying: To each its own. We all have different priorities in life. Some are more individualistic, other family oriented. Again with different blessings in our growing stages.....we become what we are. :)

I have been drifting for the last two years. Trying many means or ways to ease the boredom or loneliness. Without much success :embrass: Just lately, thinking abt finding that special someone again, u know laaa........wanted to be trapped to be a family 'slave' so to speak. Then can feel the full brunt of responsibilities :faint:

Am I insane? :rolleyes: Enough ranting......hungry and angry soon.

You all have a great weekend!

Benign said:

36 and single mean not much commitment like wife and kids to take care, so enjoy your singlehood and freedom bro. Go on a solo trip around the world, meet more people, see more places, take more photos. And final stop to Thailand, find a nice local and settle down there. :bsmilie:

Actually getting married doesn't mean you need to have kids. If you are married without kids, you still have lots of freedom. Can travel the world with your partner.

I just got married last year and married life is quite enjoyable. We have our own place, we go on tours together, go eat out together, etc. No restriction at all. In fact I feel more freedom after moving out of my parents place :)

Status
Not open for further replies.