Any Sigma 17-70 owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRSAMO

Nov 17, 2008
Australia->Japan
Just wondering what's the performance like for this lens as I've search throughout CS and not much feedback on it except that the Tamron 17-50 seems to be more popular (maybe sharper?).

Hi there, I am an owner of this lens and I must say that the photos produced by this lens is kind of sharp. However, you may wish to note that the F2.8 is only applicable to focal length of 17mm. Maybe max of 19mm.

Hey finally! I've been reading how convenient this lens is, it is sharper than the 18-200 VR apparently but as you said only at those ranges. However, I've also been hearing how most people have upgraded to the 17-50. I'd like to seek other options to the Tamron which is why I'm looking at this Sigma.

Hey finally! I've been reading how convenient this lens is, it is sharper than the 18-200 VR apparently but as you said only at those ranges. However, I've also been hearing how most people have upgraded to the 17-50. I'd like to seek other options to the Tamron which is why I'm looking at this Sigma.

Hehe bro. Some corrections. Actually, The lens is sharp from 17 all the way to 70mm. I was saying that the F2.8 is only applicable till max about 19mm only. Hehe.

If you have the cash to spare, which I don't think most of us has, go for the Nikor 17-55mm. Good glass I must say.... LOL... ANyway, I am selling off my Sigma (NikonMount) 17-70mm. Those interested can have a look in the Classsified Section.... Have a wonderful time choosing which glass you eventually will get bro.

I just got a used copy ......
I tested this len for day and night shots, this len really very sharp
and I feel much better than my canon 18-55 IS:)

I am using this lens as well. I would say it's value for money. I have done a wedding photo shotting with this len and it's really sharp. I have Sigma 24 -70mm F2.8 as well but i would say i love this len more :)

I have used this lens as well before selling all my equipment off..

I would say its a really versatile lens with its zoom range and its macro function..

Have often brought only this lens out for my casual shooting and its sufficient for my needs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.