Any shop that can buy DSLR with credit card installment apart from superstores

supercool

May 20, 2009
Hi Guys,

Would like to know is there any shop that can buy DSLR with credit card installment apart from superstores like Best Denki, Challenger or Harvey Norman?

Cathay Photo

remember to pay your fees on time too...Credit cards are a bane to the world of finance...

Shizuma said:
remember to pay your fees on time too...Credit cards are a bane to the world of finance...

You mean boon right? Unsecured financing is an important and innovative financial tool that have allowed regular people easy access to credit. Credit cards makes things even easier.

Money was a sign of real commodities, but credit was but the sign of a sign.

There was a natural limit to gold and silver, that is, money proper, but none to credit, and the result was that the volume of credit, that is, the promises of money, ceased to bear any ascertainable proportion to the money, still less to the commodities, actually in existence.

Under such a system, frequent and periodical crises were necessitated by a law as absolute as that which brings to the ground a structure overhanging its centre of gravity. It was one of your fictions that the government and the banks authorized by it alone issued money; but everybody who gave a dollar's credit issued money to that extent, which was as good as any to swell the circulation till the next crises.

-- "Looking Backward", E.Bellamy,1887 (yes, the year is 1887!!!)

Well, I can't comment on unsophisticated people who bite off more than they can chew.

For the astute, unsecured financing is a wonderful tool - tapping on future earning power for today's consumption or investment purposes.

do make sure that you can pay off the monthly installment or it will come back and bite you.

most camera shops will accept credit card installment purchase, but read the fine print from the bank, some have some sort of fee that you must pay
other than the super stores mentioned on post #1 you can alo try gain city and audio house.

they are not so popular but that means that they, might actually have stock when the other popular stores have run out

just remember, money works for you

not you work for money

those with ears to hear, let them hear ;)

unsecured financing for consumption -> no ROI.
unsecured financing for investment -> fastest way to end up in debt trap

i may be just a cat but i sure know how to pay for my fish.

Shizuma said:
just remember, money works for you

not you work for money

those with ears to hear, let them hear ;)

unsecured financing for consumption -> no ROI.
unsecured financing for investment -> fastest way to end up in debt trap

i may be just a cat but i sure know how to pay for my fish.

I suppose some are just risk adverse. With proper risk management, credit can help achieve your goals faster. Of course, most of such tools aren't readily available to the retail investor or the ill informed.

No right or wrong. No guts no glory.

i suppose any further debate upon the pros and cons of unsecured financing would be very much be beyond the scope of this thread :)