Any shop selling translucent plexiglass like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dshooter said:
Dear all,

Any shop in Singapore selling translucent plexiglass like this :

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=269755&is=REG

I know Cathay has something similar, but the curve cannot be adjusted.

This looks like a perfectly doable DIY project.

The plexi can be bought from plastic workshops that use these to make signage or industrial/commercial storage. Instead of the beaded string, you can use thin rope from sailing shops and make knots at required intervals. :thumbsup:

Search the yellow pages.

isnt paxiglas a brand of acrylic? v easy to get and bend. DIY very very very cheap. those industrial flatted factories got, and can bend for u also if ur shape is simple.

hint: i got one white translucent acrylic sheet before also, which i use to backlite things like slices or lemons and other fruits.

Thanks guys !!
Any idea which plastic workshop I can buy this from?

uncleparty said:
isnt paxiglas a brand of acrylic? v easy to get and bend. DIY very very very cheap. those industrial flatted factories got, and can bend for u also if ur shape is simple.

Can let me know the factory who can bend it for me? Any lobang? Thanks !

hmmm i dun remember the name of the shop. i did it 3 yrs back at the industrial area next to eunos mrt. i just walked around that whole area and ask around.

but be prepared that some shops won't entertain you cos of the size & amount u need. for the size i needed, they had to find odds and ends, instead of cut from a big new piece.

hope it helps.

dshooter said:

you are PMed.

wah reachme u got lobang ar?

anyway, i bought 1 big piece for about 100+ wonder wats the street price... , u need a big heater to bend that, depending on the size...

dshooter said:

i would think you want a curve. not a bend.

it is 'bendable', for lack of a better word. the extent of the curve will depend on the needs of the photographer and products to be shot. so, it should not be 'bend' (as if permanently), thus rendering it inflexible for other needs.

reachme mind sharing your lobang for plastic? :p

reachme2003 said:
it is 'bendable', for lack of a better word. the extent of the curve will depend on the needs of the photographer and products to be shot. so, it should not be 'bend' (as if permanently), thus rendering it inflexible for other needs.

:)

I remember buying 1 sheet of clear polycarbonate sometime back .
Not cheap .
But perspex should be much cheaper , less than 1/2 price .
To be able to bend about 90 deg , thickness would be 2~4 mm only , I think .
Should be about $50-$60 for a 6' X 12' piece , at last year price .
However I did not ask for the translucent type .

Try the Yellow Pages

Rgs

Status
Not open for further replies.